International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Limiting distribution of your podcast

Limiting distribution of your podcast

I was reading a post in another Podcasting group and someone brought up the fact that he did not want his content on a certain app. that got me thinking. Is it a bad thing to be on as many platforms as possible. this person didn't want to be on because the company was making money and he felt that he should get a cut out of what they are making.

I for one would want to be on as many sites and platforms as possible to get the word out about my podcast.

thoughts?
    you best get steppin

Quote Originally Posted by oscarmartz View Post
    I was reading a post in another Podcasting group and someone brought up the fact that he did not want his content on a certain app. that got me thinking. Is it a bad thing to be on as many platforms as possible. this person didn't want to be on because the company was making money and he felt that he should get a cut out of what they are making.

I for one would want to be on as many sites and platforms as possible to get the word out about my podcast.

thoughts?
    I'm of the belief that you give people as many options as possible.

Others try to push people into their method. In this, the digital age, people want it their way. If they want iTunes, let them have iTunes. They prefer Roku, let them enjoy Roku, etc.

Interesting on a number of levels...On one side I can respect one's freedom to decide where their content is made available...whether their reason is financial as the one Oscar described or perhaps some other principled reason...e.g. you don't like the fact that the outlet supports a cause that you object to.

I'd be curious to know more about the motivation of this particular podcaster in more detail. Personally I have no audience yet so any outlet will be welcome once I begin broadcasting....Should I become wildly popular and get "picked up" and potentially monetized by someone else without receiving any compensation I might come to a similar opinion as the aforementioned podcaster.

I personally wouldn't limit where I post my podcast. The more eyeballs the better. As long as the views are counting its fine.