International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Domain Company

Best Domain Company

I personally am a big fan of Hover.com . Who do you guys use and why?

FULL disclosure :

Hover is an advertiser of the GFQ Network

I currently use Godaddy and many moons ago I used to use Network Solutions. I stopped using Network Solutions because the cost was too high. I've been a loyal Godaddy customer for about 11 years and continue to use them because they have a long established reputation and good customer service.

Im on the fence when it comes to Godaddy. I was a Godaddy user for many years but over the past 2 years the service has gotten weak. We have experienced numerous problems with my hosting for GFQ. Hit or miss I guess

I'm not very familiar with their hosting services so I can't comment much on that. I primarily use them for domain registration. I believe Godaddy to be mainly a domain registration provider and even through they do offer hosting, I still think their forte is domain registration. I like to use companies for what they do best. Let the hosting providers do hosting, let the domain registrars do domain registration. Often, each will dabble in the other but I like to keep them separate. That's just me

I was using Godaddy for many years for Domain names. A few years ago I discovered Hover and really liked them. Private Registration is included (a big plus in my book)

Private Registration included? Holy cow, that is a huge plus! I spend Oodles of money on the private registrations. Good to know!

Yea its crazy how much money a domain name can cost. between the site , Private Reg and Certification ( BTW its BS) it can end up costing 30 bucks for 1 site.

As with everything, I'll take a look at Hover.com just as I have taken a look at Domains.com (mainly due to Revision3 talking them up).

I, too have been a big GoDaddy user for years and primarily only use them for domain purchases. I like the style of their DNS tools and haven't had many problems. Of course I also don't host with them. Hosting, for me, has been a mixed bag. I started with VPS.net (don't ever use them) and wound up at a place I had used for years on other projects. Should always stick with what you know works especially if you have a good rapport built up (of course that discussion is for another forum topic).

I currently use GoDaddy but have slowly been migrating my names to NameCheap since they have a some pretty solid pricing. I also moved my hosting from GoDaddy to HostGator since the speeds I was getting with GoDaddy were complete crap

I'm in the process of moving my domains to hover (I only have 1 site live, but I have a few in the works). So far I've been happy with what I've seen from hover, when I inquired about getting my domain names moved they replied to me the next day (from a real person no less) about my domain transfers, and it's way cheaper than Go Daddy. I'll probably be using them in the future, thanks to Andrew (I actually used the GFQ promo code for it too, which is great).
    Any man can make mistakes, but only an idiot persists in his error.
    - Marcus Tullius Cicero

Jake Kettle
    Executive Producer
    Truth Transmission
    Ewing, New Jersey
    www.truthtransmission.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast