International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Best computer builds for live broadcasting HDMI or HD-SDI cameras?

Best computer builds for live broadcasting HDMI or HD-SDI cameras?

What you would love to use in terms of a computer setup or build to do live broadcasting in HD?

Try to think of setups with 4 camcorders that have HDMI or HD-SDI cameras:

Desktop build setups:
    Laptop setups:
    Last edited by MovieBuff; 01-20-2014 at 10:29 PM.

One of the first requirements I am finding that I neglected is "silence" or good acoustical treatment. So I just recently purchased but haven't recieved a purpose built computer case to replace my current computer case that should lower the noise floor in my office studio by a few dB without any significant increase in thermal conditions. Since I tend to overclock most of my stuff that was a consideration for me.

I love building PCs so I am looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on what they feel would be a good approach. I plan on replacing the guts of my PC within the next year to 18mos. Part of the challenge is that I want to do it all with this PC... As I get into video editing and other video related activities E.G. HD streaming I think a new set of components will be necessitated. Plus there are a couple PC games coming up that will definitely stress my current rig.
    Last edited by AlBurr; 02-02-2014 at 01:04 PM. Reason: grammar

Quote Originally Posted by AlBurr View Post
    One of the first requirements I am finding that I neglected is "silence" or good acoustical treatment. So I just recently purchased but haven't recieved a purpose built computer case to replace my current computer case that should lower the noise floor in my office studio by a few dB with any significant increase in thermal conditions. Since I tend to overclock most of my stuff that was a consideration for me.

I love building PCs so I am looking forward to hearing everyone's feedback on what they feel would be a good approach. I plan on replacing the guts of my PC within the next year to 18mos. Part of the challenge is that I want to do it all with this PC... As I get into video editing and other video related activities E.G. HD streaming I think a new set of components will be necessitated. Plus there are a couple PC games coming up that will definitely stress my current rig.
    I'm in the same boat. I want to find or build a PC that will be great for editing 4K footage and play high end games.

Maybe the IAIB can post a blog with options. I am looking for a streaming setup also

The Paladin is able to ingest HD-SDI or HDMI signals. The unit has all the power of a desktop PC (with a full i7 3770k CPU) in a case that is the size of a ream of paper. We are using a standard Magwell HDMI or HD-SDI card but we have it inverted to allow for it to be placed in line with the motherboard. We can also put the unit in a Gaems G155 case so you can always have a monitor with speakers on the go