International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Just purchased ATR2100

Congrats on getting the ATR-2100. I have the At-2005 and love it. For 40 buck you cant go wrong. It sounds just as good as many of the higher priced microphones...

Wow, just got the mic today and it sounds fantastic! I don't have much bass to my voice and my webcam completely diminished all of it.

http://www.exreality.net/podcasts/mictest.mp3 (a short clip for comparison's sake)

I have this same mic & am ultra-impressed with the build & audio quality.
    I have a foamie over it, but a windshield will also eliminate the extra plosives that it picks up.
    These are available on eBay & amazon for anywhere from $10 - $40.
    I picked up a couple of foamies from the local audio store for about $2-3 each.
    If you're a beginner podcaster (like myself) & dont want horrible audio anymore, THIS is the mic for you.
    The price sealed the deal for me.

In my radio production course we were taught a cool trick. Put your hand in front of your mouth (Don't cover it. Keep your hand about one hand's length away). Then say, "Peter Piper picked a peck of pickled peppers etc." Feel those breath plosives? Angle your mic 30-45 degrees away from your mouth (keep it pointing to your mouth). If your mic is below you, this is a very good trick because many look at their laptops or read papers and when this happens, your head is angled downward. Keep the mic angled away from your mouth.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12