International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Should I start a Podcasting Network?

Lightbulb Should I start a Podcasting Network?

I have been doing some research over the past few months and it seems like many people are taking the route of starting a podcasting network. Anyone here part of a podcasting network or started one? How do you manage everything? Pros Cons?

Short Answer no don't start one.

I was part of a network for about 3 months and it was no help. All it did was bring viewers to the network and did nothing for anyone else.

I started nissancommunications.com to do my own show, but it quickly grew to a number of shows. I disagree with the statement that "it just brings viewers to the network" is a bad thing. Our viewers cross pollinate and every show benefits from the others.
    It does take a lot of work and effort to keep everything running smooth (I guess I am lucky that I work from home, for myself, where the studio is :-)

IAIB Broadcaster
    If you have a few shows then why not. The next thing is are you going to run just the one site or are you going to have the network site and individual sites for each show. There are pluses and minuses to both. That latter being more work to post the shows on two sites. Some say there is an SEO benefit to having a network site and individual sites for each show, but who really knows. I guess a plus is if you are selling ads you can sell to the whole network.
    Get a PC!