International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wirecast Questions

To make sure USB webcams are not on the same bus use Wirecast Sources/Show USB Devices… and you'll see the bus number next to each device.

It's odd that one camera would impact a different shot though baring something going on on the bus.

Quote Originally Posted by cseeman View Post
    To make sure USB webcams are not on the same bus use Wirecast Sources/Show USB Devices… and you'll see the bus number next to each device.

It's odd that one camera would impact a different shot though baring something going on on the bus.
    Maybe I'm not sure how a USB Bus works, but yes it was showing two cameras on the same Bus... Not sure how or why? I have two standalone USB Cards. I plug only one camera into each card. The third camera was plugged into one of the USB 2.0 Motherboard slot (my wireless dongle into Motherboard USB 3.0 slot)

The problem is showing that the Motherboard USB 2.0 slot and one of the stand alone Cards is on the same Bus. I thought the USB cards had their own Bus. The motherboard provided at least 2 Busses if not more considering it has 4 USB 3.0 and 2 USB 2.0 slots...

I'll see how tonight goes and see if I have the same issues. I moved one of the Microsoft Lifecams to the USB 3.0 slot on the motherboard and it shows that it is now on a stand alone bus just like the other two cameras (I even checked to make sure no other devices shared the Bus).

Any number of inputs can be on the same bus.
    If Wirecast Show USB Devices shows two webcams on the same bus, you'd want to move one to another bus. You may need to move one webcam to another port and test again. Separate cards should be on separate buses but apparently that's not the way it's being seen in your system. You may try moving one of the USB cards to a different PCIe slot.
    Always check in Wirecast Show USB Devices to make sure they're on separate buses. It's the easiest way to confirm and troubleshoot.

Again it's weird that one USB card is showing up on the same USB bus as the motherboard's built in USB port, but moving the camera worked. I had no issues all night long.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12