International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Tom Merrit Gone from TWiT!

Angry Tom Merrit Gone from TWiT!

I have been a long time Tom Merritt Fan. I started out watching him on BOL (Buzz Out Loud) and followed him as he moved over to TWiT. I cant believe they have let him go?

Any other TWiT fans out there surprised to hear this? I think Leo Laporte is making a mistake by letting him leave

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdelfresco View Post
    I have been a long time Tom Merritt Fan. I started out watching him on BOL (Buzz Out Loud) and followed him as he moved over to TWiT. I cant believe they have let him go?

Any other TWiT fans out there surprised to hear this? I think Leo Laporte is making a mistake by letting him leave
    Mistake or not, there have been several references to Leo's insistance that certain people work out of the TWiT building. While having co-hosts and guests via Skype is fine, he has always seemingly wanted his core people to be in studio. In this day and age I would argue you can have the best talent all around the world as a remote worker, I can see where he is going with this. The News Director is someone that should probably be close by.

I think Tom will be just fine and I'm pretty sure any heat TWiT takes for this will be short lived. I will miss Frame Rate without Tom. I like the way he and Brian play off each other.

Seasons Change

I hope tom lands something bigger and better then twit.

Tom is an extremely intelligent and talented person. I am sure he will find something amazing to do.

I have been watching less and less of TWiT, just one more reason. I have been watching tom since he started at Cnet. He will be back stronger than before and he brings with him a committed fan base.