• Vidblaster

22 34.92%
  • Wirecast

39 61.90%
  • Other

2 3.17%
Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Vidblaster Vs Wirecast

Has there been any changes to the Wirecast / Vidblaster Battle? I hear really good stuff about both but what bothers me is the lack of support from vidblaster

IAIB Broadcaster
    @Dahalabit: Don't be bothered. Just check out That VidBlaster Guy! I may be prejudiced, but he (me) gives good support! Email, Skype, cell phone.

Quote Originally Posted by Dahalabit View Post
    Has there been any changes to the Wirecast / Vidblaster Battle? I hear really good stuff about both but what bothers me is the lack of support from vidblaster
    Changes have to be referenced to a specific point in time. Wirecast has been rolling out features with nearly every "minor" update so what's important depends on what you need.
    Virtual Camera and Virtual Microphone is one. More and custom canvas sizes is another but not critical for some and must haves for others.
    XOS Digital® ThunderCloud LiveScore for professional sports casters is a niche feature but major in that niche. It brings in real time scoreboard data for overlay.
    http://www.telestream.net/wirecast/t...-livescore.htm
    Matrox VS4 Video In card support gives Wirecast ISO recording for each source.
    While you can alway DIY there's now a good variety of turnkey solutions built around the VS4.
    http://www.telestream.net/wirecast/matrox-vs4.htm

Quote Originally Posted by Dahalabit View Post
    You cannot get any better support than what Tom Sinclair, ThatVidBlasterGuy, provides !!!

By far Wirecast at this point. Vidblaster seems to have removed features like the playlist and for many people there is no longer anything holding them back from jumping ship to wirecast. I have said this for years that wirecast is the total package.... Hey they even help you out if you have a problem rather then having a ruthless tyrant give people "infractions"
    you best get steppin

And more good stuff announced for Wirecast. x264 encoding is a major under the hood improvement. I also think the WebStream plugin is going to be interesting.

Cseeman,

What is the Webstream Plugin?

Quote Originally Posted by TommySulivan View Post
    Cseeman,

What is the Webstream Plugin?

http://www.telestream.net/company/press/2013-09-12.htm

Web stream plugin allows an IP or web-based live feed to be used as a source, supporting RTMP, RTSP, MMS or HTTP as input sources into Wirecast. This enables a Wirecast live stream to be used as a source in another Wirecast.

Allows Wirecast to use multiple streams as sources and at the same time too. Think of multiple field reporters streaming to servers in which their streams can then be used as camera shots in Wirecast.

i enjoeyd wirecast more because u can do lots with it and i love wirecast

IAIB Pro Broadcaster
    So I like Wirecast a lot. The X.264 encoding blows away any H.264 FMLE based solution (VidBlaster) and that's one reason why I use it to encode the output of my TriCaster. I also think Wirecast's paradigm of GPU processing demolishes CPU based video processing. Wirecast was ahead of the game in that regard - they built it on OpenGL in 2004 and years later they are still doing it that way.

To sum up - things I like about Wirecast over VidBlaster:

GPU YUV processing (OpenGL)
    New local Desktop Presenter - It's awesome for games
    Desktop presenter
    Scaling (especially 3D perspective, Wirecast looks way better)
    Multiple destination streaming
    Layers are much more intuitive than modules in many ways.
    Use any Quicktime codec to record - VB is limited to MPEG2.
    Price - WC Studio will do pretty much everything you need for $499 and that license allows any operator to use it. To get the same functionality you'd probably need VidBlaster Broadcast desktop license which goes for around $6k. At this point I'd probably be inclined to look at TriCaster 40 or 410.

Joe

Page 5 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast