• Wirecast

39 61.90%
  • Other

2 3.17%
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Vidblaster Vs Wirecast

IAIB Pro Broadcaster
    Welcome Martin!

I remember a email exchange with you a few months back regarding the UI of Vmix. I love your product but sadly right now it just doesn't work as well as Wirecast. Virutal genlock is excellent though! That said its a few million times bet than VidBlaster.

IAIB Industry Provider
    Thanks for your help. I am currently hard at work on the next release of vMix, so maybe I will post a release thread when it is complete.

Quote Originally Posted by jamesdelfresco View Post
    I just started using the vidblaster and really like it. the problem I have is my comptuer that is too slow. I would like to upgrade soon and try again.

James
    James try not to, use to much CPU when running Vidblaster. Not too many other programs and windows open, on your computer.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Casillas View Post
    James try not to, use to much CPU when running Vidblaster. Not too many other programs and windows open, on your computer.
    A big reason why I like Wirecast.
    It can use GPU compression which lowers CPU use.
    It has Desktop Presenter which can send video and audio over LAN making it easy send programs from other computers.
    Because the shot icons aren't "live" it uses less CPU . . . but it does have a Camera Preview option so you can see all your video sources live. That does jump up the CPU use though.
    I've even used it on a Pentium D (just a webcam though).
    I can run with a few sources on a Core2Duo.

I have used both in the past and have to say i can see how Wirecast is liked a lot more. Even thought i personally feel that Vidblasters interface is better the developers awful personality effects my purchase. I have seen him yell at paying customers on his website. I could never purchase that software for my company and risk getter yelled at over some BS. I would suggest he seek help

I own Vidblaster and use it all the time . I have more points for infractions that i feel like i am in the 8th grade again. I try to avoid that site like the plague if i can.

Seems like everytime I ask a question over there Mike has a shitty comment about some BS. Thinking now that wirecast may be more user friendly and the forum seems more helpful than vidblasters forum.

I asked one guy a question about updating my computer and he said that he was done giving out free information....lol...never heard things like that before in a forum...why is he there if not to help...he was a forum mod....oh well....

i like the VB software and the lower price to start out helped with my decision. Instead of 450.00 only 195.00. But you always need more modules.....maybe wirecast can give a discount to vid people for switching....lol...

IAIB Broadcaster
    It happened one more time: I wrote a message in Vidblaster forum answering a Tom Sinclair post. I wrote in a very kind way. Tom wrote why he prefers the Vidblaster forum and I just wrote that I prefer Wirecast explaining my reasons and opinions. Result? Topic closed by Mike Versteeg (the owner of Combitech/Vidblaster). Well, this is one between other thousand of reason, why I like Wirecast.

Mike V. is a Dick####,

Mike would be better off hiring someone to handle the forum and the marketing and stay out of dealing with people. I once told him that as i know he has raised a teenager he should be able to deal with people better than he does. I don't go there anymore. I get my answers here from Tom. Tom is much nicer and gives me information I can handle.

Wirecast was beyond my budget at the time. I could get home version of VB for 195.00. Decision was made completely on money.

IAIB Broadcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by William Thomas View Post
    Mike V. is a Dick####,

Mike would be better off hiring someone to handle the forum and the marketing and stay out of dealing with people. I once told him that as i know he has raised a teenager he should be able to deal with people better than he does. I don't go there anymore. I get my answers here from Tom. Tom is much nicer and gives me information I can handle.

Wirecast was beyond my budget at the time. I could get home version of VB for 195.00. Decision was made completely on money.
    No William, I don't agree with insults. I have good reasons to prefer Wirecast (and the behaviour of Mike is just one) but we must have a good mood everytime. I know sometime it is very hard but my opinion is that we must control ourselves, we don't have to go on same plane.
    I wrote I think that the problem is Combitech=one man and I read a kind answer by another user who said that it could be a right way. Well, I respect other opinions even when I don't agree and I would be happy to discuss this aspect in that forum. Ok, I can't do that there.
    Last edited by Spino; 09-14-2012 at 10:32 AM.

Sorry Spino but i was not asking for you to agree.

It is one man's opinion and it's mine. I really don't appreciate being scolded but of course that is your opinion of which you are entitled, and you can control yourself if you want. Obviously VB is a better Software but Mike is the problem. I will bet Mike V has sold more wirecast than anyone else.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast