22 34.92%
  • Wirecast

39 61.90%
  • Other

2 3.17%
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast

Thread: Vidblaster Vs Wirecast

IAIB Broadcaster
    You're right. I get any older and I'll be forced to do a Sunday AM tech show!

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    That's the problem with the age thing, Tom. You don't realize that you're WAY past that point.
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.

All I can say is wow.......

I wish I had found this site/forum before my experience with the pompous dick@@@@ owner of VidBlaster.
    This guy is some piece of work.......... I invested $1000 in purchasing his software only to be treated like a 2 year old
    by him on the Forum when asking questions about the software, bugs, features, etc..
    I guess Forum means "only as I see fit" according to the law of Mike on the VidBlaster site....

Sadly, this is your only means of obtaining any support and patch fixes as the numerous bugs in this software are repaired.
    For my latest attempt to join in a forum discussion of one of this modules this is the result.

VidblasterBan_zps8b1af890.jpg

So not only am I a paying customer, I am an ignorant paying customer........Interesting........
    I may have thought it at times but have never had the guts to say that to one of my customers.....
    I don't think I would be in business long........

So now as a paying customer I am without tech support and denied access to a patch to correct several bugs I found, reported, and offered solution guidance on.

Unfortunately for me, at this point, I cannot comment to the favorable attributes of Wirecast.
    I can only enlighten you with my experience with VidBlaster which has not been a pleasant one.

The software is decent but the licensing structure and features are limited without a $2000 investment of which you buy features now that may or may not be available in future updates.

Simple common features such as adjusting camera settings are buried deep in menus with elaborate key schemes to access which are also by the way undocumented in any of the manuals. Which according to a snarky message from Mike were "Undocumented for your own good". Seriously? Camera Settings? Oh that's right.......I am a two year old.......

Why would one feel the need to bury camera image exposure settings in a program supposedly geared toward quality image broadcast?

Part of our purchasing decision was based on the ability to have a pseudo-hardware switcher setup utilizing the Novation Launchpad as advertised by Vidblaster.

After purchasing the software (which was rushed in an attempt to get a broadcast online) we now discover that this was specific only to the Novation Launchpad (No Longer In Production) is the only unit supported in the integrated package within VidBlaster. Not the Launchpad S or the Launchpad Mini which are the currently available units from Novation. If you are planning on implementing this feature utilizing VidBlaster search the pawn shops for a controller first. As of now I have struck out in finding one.

VidBlasters only redeeming feature is the presence of Tom Sinclair. My mistake was purchasing directly from Mike and not through a reseller like Tom. Tom has tried his best to answer question albeit in the form of PM's and emails as apparently you dare not ask a question on the forum without fear of repercussion.

Mike is non-appreciative of his customers and will not be receiving another penny of my money...

My recommendation is that unless VidBlaster offers you some feature that is just totally irresistible and other vendors cannot offer the same or even marginally the same..........Save your money........Dealing with Mike is just not worth it........
    Last edited by JDavidPugh; 03-11-2014 at 08:57 AM.

and another one bites the dust.... I would suggest trying Wirecast. There are a lot of people on this forum that use it everyday.
    you best get steppin

Quote Originally Posted by oscarmartz View Post
    and another one bites the dust.... I would suggest trying Wirecast. There are a lot of people on this forum that use it everyday.
    Thanks Oscar......that is the plan...........I have been hearing a lot of good and far less bad things about it......
    Just got to wait until the budget piggy bank refills after the failure with VidBlaster.........
    I have requested, but do not expect, a refund from Mike for my 2 weeks of use from VidBlaster........
    HAHAHAHA I know right!

Probably one of the best features of Wirecast is its support.
    The Telestream Wirecast forum is very active (with yours truly of course). They also provide email support.
    There's also an 99$/year Premium support which expedites the email response, adds phone support and also includes remote login so one of the techs can look at your setup first hand.

I'm not sure about VidBlaster's licensing but Wirecast allows you to activate a second computer so you can have a backup ready to go if needed. Additionally you can move the licenses from one to another computer in 15 minutes or less.

Support has to be considered a key feature.

I think it would serve Mike V. best if he handed sales and support to his VARs and focus on programming. I think that would greatly improve the VidBlaster user experience.

That depends on the package you buy.........

Single user can be installed and activated on multiple computers but single use per session only.....
    Desktop is tied to a single machine but can be used by multiple users? I didn't get this at all.......... as its more expensive.....

Oh wait the far superior being Mike V. has some super secret NSA link that's stealing your Webcam signal so see who is sitting at the console running your licensed copy of VB

Oh well just chalk that up to the goofiness of the whole VidBlaster Experience "scuse me while I eat some pie"....in a vague Jimmy Hendrix style....... LOL
    Last edited by JDavidPugh; 03-12-2014 at 03:33 AM.

Ok I have had a full 15 minutes to play with Wirecast............
    GOD WAS I AN IDIOT!

Ok I am sold! As a user of both Vidblaster (former) and Wirecast I can honestly say now that Wirecast is far superior on every front.....
    The whole system is running at about 1/3 the CPU requirement (encoding at 720p) of just running the VidBlaster interface alone (no encoder active).
    The layering concept (both from the master layers and shot layers) is a powerhouse for shot development and the ability to save complex shots in a single block without using up 3-5 of your precious VidBlaster modules is incredible........
    The Chroma Keyer is already has more separation than that of VB even testing on a dimly lit hotel room wall. I cannot wait to get my actual green screen behind me to see how well it works..........I could go on and on just from about 8 hours of initial testing but you get the picture (pun) LOL.

Somebody send a message to the Wirecast group and be sure they send Mike V. his commission check........He sold another (and quite possibly several if my project flies) copy(s) of WireCast yesterday!

Sorry to keep hammering this post guys but Wirecast will just not stop impressing me!

I just figured out a neat new feature that is going to keep me from lugging extra screens around just for capture! Which by the way was impossible with VidBlaster!

With the formidable powers I now posses to crop video windows with ease I can now setup all of my capture screens (weather radar feeds, Skype video windows, and send them off to separate virtual full screen desktops never to be "popped over" again! FULL HD
    screen captures! WOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

This is available using the NVidia NView desktop manager...........

Its a little tricky at first..........you have to setup the application capture on your main (default) desktop and get the capture started before you send it to its holding desktop. But other than that flawless..........

Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 89101112 LastLast