International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just purchased ATR2100

Just purchased ATR2100

Seems to be the microphone of choice for first time podcasters. I just picked one up on Amazon with accompanying windscreen, set to arrive on Wednesday.

I figure if I outgrow it quickly I'll ship it off to my co-host to improve his sound quality.

Exciting!

Quote Originally Posted by exreality View Post
    Seems to be the microphone of choice for first time podcasters. I just picked one up on Amazon with accompanying windscreen, set to arrive on Wednesday.

I figure if I outgrow it quickly I'll ship it off to my co-host to improve his sound quality.

Exciting!
    How do you like it so far? Do you have the Amazon web-link?

Even though I have an Electro-Voice RE20 I wouldn't mind having one of those for myself. Based on dozens of glowing reviews it's hard to go wrong with that particular mic, especially considering the price. BTW, welcome to the forum!
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 01-20-2014 at 01:36 PM.

The cost to value ratio of the ATR 2100 is certainly amazing. I have an Electro-Voice RE27, Rode Procaster, Shure SM58a Beta and a ATR 2100 and although I like the RE27 best, is it really worth nearly 10 times the price?...doubtful for my application in podcasting. I was lucky to get the RE27 used for ~$300 so I couldn't pass it up. And to be honest in a blind test I probably couldn't tell you the difference...but I am a noob.
    Last edited by AlBurr; 01-20-2014 at 02:43 PM. Reason: content and typo

Man, that is a good price for the RE27 so I agree that was a win-win! Even if you were to sell it, you could easily fetch all if not more than what you paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Ortego View Post
    Man, that is a good price for the RE27 so I agree that was a win-win! Even if you were to sell it, you could easily fetch all if not more than what you paid.
    And to make you more jealous it was $369 with the shock mount included...crazy...Maybe it's broken and I just don't realize it I was shocked when I won the bid on eBay.

Yes I'm jealous, 'but at least I'm saving 15-percent or more on my car insurance'. Well, in any event I'm quite happy with my RE20 and thankfully I have no ambition to add another mic for sometime to come.
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 01-20-2014 at 03:01 PM. Reason: Revised content

So back on topic so I stop hijacking exreality's thread What were you using before the ATR 2100? I think you sound pretty darn good on your podcasts.

Quote Originally Posted by AlBurr View Post
    So back on topic so I stop hijacking exreality's thread What were you using before the ATR 2100? I think you sound pretty darn good on your podcasts.
    I'm shocked to hear you think it sounds good! I am using a Logitech C310 720p webcam and find it to be quite echo-ey (possibly due to my room as well). shadow uses the built-in webcam on his laptop.

By episode 5 (next week) I should be up and running with the ATR2100 so that will be the true test. Thanks again for listening.

Maybe it's just relative to your cohost Sure I hear the echo but for a webcam not too bad.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast