International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Anyone here use Boinx

Anyone here use Boinx

I see everyone talking about Vidblaster and Wirecast but I was wondering if anyone here uses Boinx. I remember people really liked it a few years ago then bamm! no on used it.

Any reason?

I used BoinxTV for a number of years. There were two issues that caused me to discontinue use of it. The first was that Wirecast had available the Desktop Presenter, which made sharing video from other systems much easier and of much higher quality than using 'Screen Sharing' on the Mac. The second is that BoinxTV has no integrated method of streaming, like Wirecast does. Having to use a secondary application, such as FLME, or QuickTime Broadcaster, is not as appealing as the integrated capability within Wirecast. Thus, I've switched to Wirecast.

Of course, BoinxTV states that they plan on addition similar capabilities in the future. The question that remains is 'how far' in the future are they talking?
    Richard Wildman
    Executive Producer / Host
    Music Scene Investigation
    http://musicsceneinvestigation.com

I tried using Boinx TV a few years ago when I was starting out in Internet Broadcasting. It seemed like a very nice piece of software but just didn't evolve as time went on. There was no live streaming encoder and it was a resource hog. I would like to hear from some other people that have used it recently. Have there been any changes

BoinxTV has only gotten a few bug updates in a very long time. I think part of the issue is that AdobeFMLE is still Quicktime based, which it relies on, even though Apple has moved to AVFoundation. Adobe FMLE might be EOL. I think CamTwist faces a similar situation and their update has been in beta for a very long time.