International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Tips for Wordpress website

Tips for Wordpress website

I have decided to go with wordpress for my first website. Can some of you webbies give me some tips on things to look for.

I know I am asking a lot of questions and don't want to seem like a moron. I hope to learn from each of you and return the favor when I can

By tips i am talking about finding a website, getting the most eyeballs,

thanks
    Paul

Paul,

First: find yourselve a decent webhost.

Install Wordpress (or with some webhosts Wordpress can be installed automatically).

Don't install too many plugins! It's something I see a lot. People are searching for all kind of things, install them and forget about them.

One plugin I can recommend is Yoast Wordpress SEO Plugin. It's free and great.

Write a few posts, pages to learn the ins and outs of Wordpress a little bit.

If you want to start with podcasting, Powerpress seems the way to go. I'll have to test it myself.

Don't hesitate to ask further questions.

Kind regards,
    Rudy Engels

Probably the most important thing is going to be SEO. Get the WordPress SEO plugin by Yoast. It will add a metabox when you make a post for you to enter SEO specific info for each post. Make sure you fill in the description and keyword. Keywords are very important when doing SEO.

There is also a great thread covering some of the best plugins for podcasters.
    Watch Tech News Weekly every Friday at 3pm EST on the GFQ Network.