International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Montage of Television stations on one or several monitors

Montage of Television stations on one or several monitors

I've been playing with the idea of having a number of television stations playing on a big screen TV as background for Live streaming video podcasts. This would be more attactive than a consistent background with no action. Yes, a single TV in the background would be better than nothing. I was just thinking it would have more gusto with about 4 channels playing on the screen.

I'm not quite sure how to go about this is the reason for posting. I have a single tv tuner card that just plays one tv channel at a time, but I was hoping to be able to bring in 4 or more channels and have them playing in the background. You see this on tv broadcasts all the time, where the studio monitors are in the background of the commentators.

The monitor screen with 4 tv stations would be presented as four boxes on one screen with a tv channel playing in each box, a montage. Actually, four channels on one screen would be more than enough.

I am not talking greenscreen, because the video is live stream.

There may be a multi-card for PC I've not found, or mostly because I don't know enough about it to search Google.

I have a large screen monitor with one DVI and one HDMI input. So, if it is a PC card it would have to receive the stations on one card and output via one port.

I may not be thinking of the best way to do this, so I would appreciate to read any thoughts.
    Last edited by domineaux; 04-20-2014 at 09:18 PM.

Replying to my own thread starter, because I found a workaround for this. It isn't what I specifically had in mind, but it will work.

This link is to a plugin for Sony Vegas Pro the creates the ambiance I'm trying to achieve visually.

http://www.newbluefx.com/products/es...6/Picture-Grid

I have to create the background videos then edit them in Sony Vegas, using this plugin to create a grid/montage and then play it separately on the monitor in the background. There is no connection to live television of course.

Yes, I would have much preferred to have live TV broadcasts playing in the background.

I'm still open to any ideas on that for sure.