International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: What are you looking for in a Web and/or Media Hosting Company?

IAIB Industry Provider

Lightbulb What are you looking for in a Web and/or Media Hosting Company?

Hello Everyone,

My name is Jim Castro I'm co-owner of http://www.CloudPail.com. We introducted ourselves in this IAIB Post.

We want to be a highly customer focused company. So YES we are asking you the customers and content creators what features you're looking for in your hosting company? For instance audio stream hosting like shoutcast/icecast? Affiliate Program to earn $$$? Let us know!

You can visit us at http://www.cloudpail.com. Use offer code iaib2013 for a 10% discount off your order.

Thanks,
    Jim Castro
    http://www.cloudpail.com
    Podcast & Internet Broadcast Hosting

First and foremost the host must be stable and provide decent support. If I can't get a hold of you when I have a problem, then it's not worth my money. As far as media hosting goes, being able to grow overtime is always a concern I have. The ability to customize a plan based on my needs is important. Also I think it would be cool if the host offered really awesome analytics. I'm not talking about awstats or webalizer. More like Google Analytics. Something more polished and easier to understand than something that looks like it was made in the 90s and has never been updated since (awstats/webalizer).
    Watch Tech News Weekly every Friday at 3pm EST on the GFQ Network.

Sunkast is right, first and foremost is stability. Preferably setup in a load balanced failover for those times when for some reason there is more traffic than normal.

A phone number that I can call 24/7 to get help and someone on the other side that is empowered to fix the issue.

A notification when I am getting close on the top end of the space that I am paying for so I can make adjustments before I run out of space.

Like sunkast, stats are important. Stats like are in Podtrac that gives me information about who is watching, what they are watching on, where they are watching, number of subs all by individual feed. The awstats only gives basic traffic stats which mean nothing when looking at how your show is performing.

Over the top feature would be a GLB feature.

A nice user interface to host and maintain my RSS feeds