International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Presonus 16.4.2 Ai....oh boy!

Hybrid View

Presonus 16.4.2 Ai....oh boy!

Hey All...Just when I thought it was safe to make a purchase (AH XB14 2) then along comes the new Ai Series from Presonus. Being a computer geek it immediately appealed to me due to it's "future proofing" capabilities; it has a swappable interface card. Currently supporting Firewire, Ethernet, WiFi, USB 2.0 etc...but with plans for Thunderbolt, AVB and Dante. Dante is new to me so I had to look that up...very interesting. It's expensive at 2K but you only live once...

I'd love to hear your opinions on this new mixer....

Thanks,

Dave aka AlBurr (my stage name) er future stage name

I have been looking at this digital mixer (Mackie DL1608) because of it's flexibility and functionality... even to the point of each guest speaker being able to adjust their own mix with any iDevice. The "Small" footprint and portability is also very attractive... not to mention it's price. What say you AlBlurr? Watch the series of videos on this page to see what I mean. The first one is pretty damn funny
    Last edited by docizzen; 10-15-2013 at 01:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by docizzen View Post
    I have been looking at this digital mixer (Mackie DL1608) because of it's flexibility and functionality... even to the point of each guest speaker being able to adjust their own mix with any iDevice. The "Small" footprint and portability is also very attractive... not to mention it's price. What say you AlBlurr? Watch the series of videos on this page to see what I mean. The first one is pretty damn funny
    That first one is hysterical...thanks for sharing... BTW the new Ai series has QMix-Ai http://www.presonus.com/products/QMix-AIwhich seems to provide the functionality for each speaker to adjust there own mix...

The 3rd Vid regarding how the DL 1608 will save my butt during the coming zombie apocalypse may have me convinced to go Mackie

Very interesting. I am a big fan of these new digital boards that are coming out. I hope they start taking advantage of IP audio soon.

Hi Andrew...from what I can learn from the Presonus website that's exactly the intention with the AI series...between the Dante and AVB integration that will provide full IP audio and potentially video. I will try to find the reference but it was mentioned that the hardware will support video now but they have not enabled it...

Take a look at the Behringer X32 mixers. They have 2 different digital snake technologies already in there and from what I hear IP audio on the way. They also have remote control on the iPad and speaker, submix control on the ipad and iphone. There is also an android app for remote control but not from Behringer. Their protocols are open so more will be out soon I would think.