International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Allen and Heath XB14 2

Quote Originally Posted by bigsix View Post
    LOL - same here for me. Kinda what happens to me when I go my favorite BBQ joint, I see all the goodies I like but end up ordering too much. The XB-10 is very nice, but as you stated, "over-kill" for what I need. I too could have gotten by with a unit for about a third of the cost of this one. But oh well, boys and their toys, right?
    Ain't that the truth... I've kept all of the boxes and packing materials for the mixer and may try to get out of it and go a different route. I am not to proud to admit that sometimes I have more money than sense.

Hi Al,
    Well, if it's overkill for you then it would have most certainly been overkill for me. I'm now glad that I didn't go that route. My Behringer X1204USB shows up in the morning.

Dan
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 05-16-2014 at 05:34 PM. Reason: Added content

I don't know Dan with that ISOBOX of yours I'm surprised I'm not seeing you with a full Axia setup BTW the X1204USB was on my short list and probably what I should have gotten in the first place...

That's one item that I have no regrets about because of the enormous dust issue I have to deal with here in the desert. I keep my house spotless but dust gets into my MacPro and every other component to such a level that it drives me crazy!

My new Mac/PC will be a rack-mount configuration as well so this thing will get plenty of good use. When I returned from my 2-month vacation I opened up the IsoBox and there wasn't a spot of dust anywhere. I simply replaced the intake filter I made and that was it. However, the grill on my Mac Pro was about fingernail deep of dust because my house sitter was using it while I was gone. The IsoBox Post is best investment of office gear that I've ever made.

Sidebar: This week I continued to work on room acoustics so I'll be posting revised studio photos fairly soon.
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 05-17-2014 at 09:36 AM. Reason: More to say...

That's right it was more of a dust issue than a sound issue for you. Perhaps they make a real big box for the house...

Again, with my dust issue I would love to have this rig if it can a mix/minus. I know it could handle my recording hobby although I can't figure out whether this thing' has a true Aux Send configurable for Skype. Seems that it would handle my analog mic pre. Anyway, if anyone can figure it out then please chime in.

http://www.behringer.com/EN/Products/X32-RACK.aspx
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 05-22-2014 at 01:04 PM. Reason: ADDED CONTENT

That mixer is surely nice... Hmmm maybe I will sell mine and get that... talk about overkill for me. Have you read this thread as it may help answer your questions:

http://forum.behringer.com/showthrea...puts-Explained

Well, not really sure as its fairly comprehensive and I took special note of post #10 that states the following:

"By the way the inserts can only be assigned to the Aux outs, not to the Aux ins."

I'm not sure if I'm reading too much into this or not. This video seems to suggest that both are assignable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oyTS1kdt9-w

Hopefully, Mike Phillips will stumble on this thread and be able to sort it out.
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 05-22-2014 at 01:27 PM. Reason: ADDED CONTENT

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    I'm hesitant to weigh in on the Berhinger digital mixer since I have never seen one. In fact, at one point I tried to educate myself on it by contacting John DiNicola, the author of the articles at the link above. He never answers his phone, and he doesn't return calls. At this point, I'll have to stick with what I know, which is the analog mixers.

If Mackie ever adds a USB sound card to its VLZ series mixers, like it has on the ProFX series, I'll probably switch my recommendations from Behringer to Mackie. Mackie's customer support in far better than Behringer's.

It's possible that I may buy an X32 one day since the reviews of them have been generally good. My Presonus StudioLive 16.4.2 does everything I need, so the X32 would not provide any new functionality.
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.

Well, as a last ditch effort I contacted my sales rep over at Sweetwater and he will check with some of the pod-nuts that work there. Sad to hear Behringer CS is an unresponsive but I guess for every plus there's an equal minus.

Sidebar: To make my day worse I managed to lose my wallet at Home Depot so I'm going through the drill of canceling cards, etc.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast