News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your minimalist setup?

How much are you looking to spend?

Quote Originally Posted by andrewzarian View Post
    How much are you looking to send?
    It's more of a general hypothetical. 1000$ (excluding Wirecast 5).

I know you had concerns over the cost of the mackie mixer, if you have a line in jack then a smaller behringer 802 is between $60 and $75 depending on where you get it. The advantage to the mackie is that it has the USB adapter built in if you would need that. And it will sound much better than the under $50 audio to USB adapters.

Mackie Mixer: 229$
    C920 x 4: $288
    ATR2100 x4: $140
    ----------------------
    $657

or

Behringer Mixer: 65$ (amazon current price)
    ----------------------
    $493

Add in Wirecast for $500 and you are still under $1000.

Quote Originally Posted by techzentv View Post
    I know you had concerns over the cost of the mackie mixer, if you have a line in jack then a smaller behringer 802 is between $60 and $75 depending on where you get it. The advantage to the mackie is that it has the USB adapter built in if you would need that. And it will sound much better than the under $50 audio to USB adapters.

Mackie Mixer: 229$
    ----------------------
    $657

or

Behringer Mixer: 65$ (amazon current price)
    ----------------------
    $493

Add in Wirecast for $500 and you are still under $1000.
    Thanks! Great post! I'm reconsidering now ;-) Thoughts on this?
    Behringer Xenyx QX1202USB 129$
    or Behringer XENYX 1204USB 149$ (Good thing about this one is the sliders per channel)
    MXL FR-355K Dual Lav kit (XLR) 99$
    3 x C920s and 1 Canon T2i (Using SparkoCam)
    Wirecast
    I have to figure a solution for the laptop since there's only 2 USB controllers. I might need another solution.
    Last edited by MovieBuff; 09-18-2013 at 01:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by techzentv View Post
    be careful how many USB cameras you use at one time because if you are not running USB 3.0 you may run out of USB bandwidth.
    USB Bandwidth is a major concern and USB 3 doesn't really fix the issue. I have found that my cameras do better while using my USB 2.0 slots, the biggest issue becomes the USB Bus controlling those USB slots. Once that is overloaded, then it will cut out video and all you will see is a black screen on one of your video ports. Extending with a hub won't help fix that problem.

The show I produce is an on location bar show and I had to move to a bulky mid-ATX so I could add extra USB cards to fix the issues.

Just a warning for people wanting to load up a couple of USBs with video while thinking a USB hub would fix the issues.

IAIB Pro Broadcaster
    Audio Technica ATR-3350, Behringer 1002B Mixer, TriCaster 40 (Or Panasonic HMX100), Canon RF205 camcorders, and 2 cheap Dell computers for Skype w/ HDMI to component converters.
    Last edited by joedemax; 09-22-2013 at 03:30 PM.

Web / Roku Developer RadarGaming's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joedemax View Post
    Audio Technica ATR-3350, Behringer 1002B Mixer, TriCaster 40 (Or Panasonic HMX100), Canon RF205 camcorders, and 2 cheap Dell computers for Skype w/ HDMI to component converters.
    So explain to me how you tell someone to by a cheap crappy microphone but spend 10k on a video switcher?
    For Web Design And More Check Out Craig Digital Designs!

Quote Originally Posted by RadarGaming View Post
    So explain to me how you tell someone to by a cheap crappy microphone but spend 10k on a video switcher?
    I think it's now 5000$, but very good point.

Quote Originally Posted by BradShoemaker View Post
    USB Bandwidth is a major concern and USB 3 doesn't really fix the issue. I have found that my cameras do better while using my USB 2.0 slots, the biggest issue becomes the USB Bus controlling those USB slots. Once that is overloaded, then it will cut out video and all you will see is a black screen on one of your video ports. Extending with a hub won't help fix that problem.

The show I produce is an on location bar show and I had to move to a bulky mid-ATX so I could add extra USB cards to fix the issues.

Just a warning for people wanting to load up a couple of USBs with video while thinking a USB hub would fix the issues.
    I wish there was a good solution to this. Perhaps an HP ZBook with thunderbolt and a usb-hub to thunderbolt device for PC.

IAIB Pro Broadcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by RadarGaming View Post
    To be fair, the Panasonic switcher is under $5k, and the TriCaster (which is more than a switcher) is $6k. Rethinking it I'd probably use a Rode lav or HS1. There is always the Blackmagic ATEM, but it is pretty much just a switcher, so one would still need loads of excess hardware..

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast