International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Podcasting forum

Podcasting forum

what happened to all the podcasting forums that were around years ago. This seems to be the only shop in town when it comes to podcasting news and information.
    you best get steppin

Because most of them became filled with people spamming their crappy podcasts.

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    Like which ones?
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.

Podcast Alley was the big one. Everyrone was on that site. Podcast Pickel was another website that had a great forum. Over time most of them got over run by spam

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    They predate my podcasting days. Lots of people are sucked in by podcasting consultants who convince them they all they have to do is have a positive attitude and an overpriced equipment package purchased through their affiliate links, and they can make a living podcasting. That, of course, RARELY happens. Maybe the Alley and the Pickle had stars in their eyes, as well.
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphillips View Post
    They predate my podcasting days. Lots of people are sucked in by podcasting consultants who convince them they all they have to do is have a positive attitude and an overpriced equipment package purchased through their affiliate links, and they can make a living podcasting. That, of course, RARELY happens. Maybe the Alley and the Pickle had stars in their eyes, as well.
    Well said! It reminds me of university and all those hidden fees.

I kind of wish there was a minimalist thread...... (I'll start one).

There are some good groups on facebook and google+ for podcasters / Internet Broadcasters.

Podcast Alley was great. Lots of content, but as it was THE place to find podcasts it became a giant target for spamming robots. They tried a couple of times to clean it up. There was ONE guy behind the Alley. When Podshow/Mevio bought it, that was the beginning of the end. Then when iTunes came around, most of the directories (including the one I owned) dried up. Podcast pickle is still alive, but the forum is long gone. Gary Lealand is a very successful podcaster in the world of fast pitch softball. As you have heard, people wanted to grow their audience and every post turned into "Hey the latest episode of Binky and the Whiz is out." There are some Google groups, and Facebook groups. There were some good ones on Linked in, but eventually they get enough people who then (you guessed it) ruin them by just doing "one post" about their latest show. The only ting still around from "the old days" is musicalley.com which is a great place for podsafe music.
    Dave Jackson
    Personal Podcast Coach
    School of Podcasting

Being so new to this I have no frame of reference as to what used to be vs. what is today. However, I do belong to several forums in those fields that appeal to my hobbies. Even so, there are so many crappy forums on the web, but this particular forum is unique and socially engaging. Perhaps it's the professional format, and I have yet to see any real troublemakers or gutter-mouths'. In fact, I doubt seriously that I would've become as interested and motivated to pursue this hobby if it were not for this forum.
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 09-16-2013 at 08:32 PM.

This is one of the better forums on the net.
    Dave Jackson
    Personal Podcast Coach
    School of Podcasting

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast