International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: To upgrade to Wirecast 5 will cost ya!

To upgrade to Wirecast 5 will cost ya!

It is official! To upgrade to Wirecast 5 Studio it will cost you $129 and for Pro $295. Wirecast 5 will be available later Q3 2013.

What does everyone think of this? Should it have been a free update or is the cost fair?

http://www.telestream.net/company/press/2013-09-12.htm
    Jase Rossi | Founder, Lead Reviewer and Host of ReBoot! The Anything and Everything Gaming Podcast at www.Nerdmunky.com

Follow me on Twitter :@jaserossi

I think its a reasonable price. There was no price increase from v.3 to V.4 . I think its only fair to pay since many people Since this is the first price upgrade in 5 years.

I agree with Andrew. Sure no body likes paying for an upgrade. But it's not like they are charging you an arm and a leg for the upgrade in comparison to the full price of the software. If they didn't offer a big upgrade discount I would be really unhappy.
    Watch Tech News Weekly every Friday at 3pm EST on the GFQ Network.

If people dont want to pay they can use a number of free solutions that are out there. I think its a great price to upgrade the software. BTW no one is forcing you to upgrade
    you best get steppin

They kept feeding the coders pizza but then someone asked for extra cheese so Telestream had to charge to cover the costs.

I think the pricing is VERY fair. I will for one be upgrading day one. I can not wait for this upgrade!
    Jase Rossi | Founder, Lead Reviewer and Host of ReBoot! The Anything and Everything Gaming Podcast at www.Nerdmunky.com

Follow me on Twitter :@jaserossi

Very excited to try this out. the price is great. Vidblaster cost half the value ... Meaning if you have the broadcaster edition it will cost a grand to upgrade....

I think its more than fair for an upgrade considering quite a few were free. I'm definitely going to upgrade on this.
    <a href=http://www.justin.tv/linuxcooldude target=_blank>http://www.justin.tv/linuxcooldude</a>

I think it's fair to charge for the upgrade. I haven't done a live broadcast in years. I won't be getting the upgrade.

Wirecast 6 is also going to cost you .

Pricing and Availability
    Wirecast 6 will be released in Q4 2014, and will be unveiled to the public for the first time at the International Broadcast Conference (IBC) on stand 7.C12. Wirecast Studio is priced at $495. Wirecast Pro, priced at $995, adds support for more advanced production features and additional input sources. Customers who currently own Wirecast can upgrade to Wirecast Studio 6 for $149 and to Wirecast Pro 6 for $295.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast