International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Skype Video with Vidblaster

Skype Video with Vidblaster

I was wondering if someone tell me if you can do Skype HD video with Vidblaster VVD ? I have seen this question on the Vidblaster forum a few times but I have yet to see a proper answer from Mike.

The Vidblaster VVD outputs the global resolution set in the program. So if you have set 720p it outputs 720p. Now whether Skype alters that in processing is another matter and from posts on various forums it would seem that Skype has issues with HD and with 16:9.

VVD in HD does not work with Skype you can however do 640x360. Wirecast on the other hand works fine with Skype in HD.

OK. Just tested. Skype picks up the VB VVD as source @1080p but only displays in 4:3. This is Prior to 6.4. Using Skype 6.6. the ratio is 4:3 in the Video Options display but shows correctly in the Call window. Andrew could be right that it is only displaying a lower resolution. However as Skype dynamically adjusts the resolution to suit the connection this is very hard to test. From advice on StudioTech it appears that this is well known behavior of Skype and one of the resons they stopped using it. There are however XML hacks that can be done according to Vance Willis that allows Skype to display the correct resolution and ratio. The advice on using these is to use an older version of Skype too such as 5.5. Note that the same issue with the display of the VVD occurs when choosing a capture card directly or when using a webcam such as the MS Life Cam. It is not specifically a VB issue.

Skype doesnt work in HD with Vidblaster..

IAIB Broadcaster
    @Podnutter - I'd like to add a bit of clarity to your comment... When using VidBlaster's VVD as a camera source in Skype, Skype will not recognize it any higher than 640x360 (widescreen) for sending video. When receiving Skype video in HD, VidBlaster screen capture function can capture the HD video for use in VidBlaster as a camera source.

Why doesnt this still work?