News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How to... 24 Cameras with VidBlaster

IAIB Broadcaster
    Hear's the show in its entirety:

Sorry, didn't catch that!

I just watched the latest episode. If that is what Vidblaster 3 is capable of I am not impressed.

IAIB Broadcaster
    24 cameras not enough? lol

It is not about the quantity its about the quality. Yes he has 24 IP cameras but they look awful. I was not talking about the 24 input when I said I am not impressed. The recording quality of the show is not good. the side by side is awful. If that's how Vidblaster functions I'm glad I decided not to go with it.

IAIB Broadcaster
    @Tommy - Remember that the embedded YouTube player gives different resolution options (the little gear icon). Perhaps yours was set to less than the max. The show is recorded and streamed at 864x480. Guest videos are included as a screen capture from Skype, hence some loss of quality is to be expected. Hope you'll take another look at VidBlaster.

Tom,

I am aware that you will suffer some quality loss when uploading to youtube. I am talking about the extremely poor frame rate I am seeing with your video. The side by side camera is not good. It seems like you are under 10 fps. that is not good....

IAIB Pro Broadcaster
    So I will give my honest $0.02,

I do feel that the frame rate on that particular video is low, and I think this is an architectural problem of VidBlaster. I have yet to see someone do a show with VidBlaster @ 1080P (I saw one and this is how it looks - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_zvg0lSGLHk)

I think this is down to the fact that VidBlaster works using Windows VMR and the CPU to process - I also believe they process in RGB which is the *wrong* way to do this. As soon as you take this approach you have to make 2 color space conversions to get video in and out of the system. Other computer based switchers often use technologies like OpenGL to process on the GPU - and this approach is the only way to reliably process real time video on a computer. In this paradigm everything is a GPU texture, which makes it a million times easier to do advanced compositing etc..

Joe..
    Last edited by joedemax; 09-20-2013 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSinclair View Post
    @Tommy - Remember that the embedded YouTube player gives different resolution options (the little gear icon). Perhaps yours was set to less than the max. The show is recorded and streamed at 864x480. Guest videos are included as a screen capture from Skype, hence some loss of quality is to be expected. Hope you'll take another look at VidBlaster.
    Why not 1280x720?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12