International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: The Paladin Video Production Switcher

The Paladin Video Production Switcher

I saw a post from Steve Heywood (The Tech Buzz) about this and wanted to get some more information about it. have you guys used this device? Would love to hear from people who have.

http://yourpaladin.com/

IAIB Pro Broadcaster thetechbuzz's Avatar
    I did an unboxing for the Paladin computer I received today. Check it out, so far so good. I like the iPad control. Runs wirecast well. Also on Tuesday August 20th at 3:30pm EST 12:30pm PST I will have the CEO and co-founder on to talk about the unit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sea-R...PzTPvb&index=1
    Stephen Heywood
    Host/Owner of
    The Tech Buzz www.thetechbuzz.net
    and
    TTB Network www.ttbn.tv

To me it looks like a computer with Black magic capture cards. the price on the website is 5000 dollars. a little high if you ask me
    you best get steppin

IAIB Pro Broadcaster thetechbuzz's Avatar
    Maybe, but find another computer that thin, light, and with full processor and high end specs as this. People forget when they see boxes like this the $120 for Windows, $1000 for the capture card, $1000 for Wirecast or Vidblaster or whatever your poison is. and your paying maybe $2000 for a custom, portable box with the ability to stream professional HD-SDI. If someone can make one cheaper I invite you to do so, thinner, lighter, and more powerful then this and post it.
    Stephen Heywood
    Host/Owner of
    The Tech Buzz www.thetechbuzz.net
    and
    TTB Network www.ttbn.tv

IAIB Broadcaster
    From the looks of their website, I think VidBlaster/Wirecast is extra. So its, $5k plus $1k.

Heck, you could get a Tricaster for that.

I think you are generally paying for form factor.

We get this question a lot....

There are several benefits to having a Paladin over a Tricaster. Mainly the the power, form factor and the capabilities of the unit. When it comes to power, we can run a stream for ~12 hours on a car battery but on a tricaster, we were lucky to get 30 min in a side by side test. The form factor of this unit is setup to disperse heat without having any fan noise or frying the CPU. Also, the weight is only 4 lbs, we have yet to see any production units with the processing power of the Paladin that is still this light weight.

For example, I took one of these units on a 10 stop tour and streamed the events and did image magnification for a client. Normally, I would have had to work with the local rental shops to get production units lined up for each city with the rest of the audio and lighting gear. With the Paladin and my Gaems case I was able to fly from show to show with it as my carry on. This helped me manage time because I was able to edit the prior show for VOD and make changes to my titles not only when I was at the airport, but when I was in flight!

The Tricaster is a great unit for what it does, but I need agility in my workflow with out it effecting my show. The Tricaster, Livestream HD510 or the 1beyond systems would not allow me to do this. So the Paladin is my unit of choice. With the new systems that we released, it is just getting easier.

Anything I stated here, I can show in a demo, if you would like to see let me know... We are available by email at info@yourpaladin.com or by phone at 253-642-7307

--
    John Crosbie
    Production Manager
    yourpaladin.com