International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: High Definition, Three Camera Inputs, One Laptop

High Definition, Three Camera Inputs, One Laptop

High Definition, Three Camera Inputs, One Laptop,
    http://stretchinternet.com/blog/2013...e-laptop-3500/

Wirecast, MacBookPro Retina, Two Thunderbolt and One USB3 input from Blackmagic input devices using Blackmagic Beta driver. Cost about $3500 not including cameras. Second USB3 port used for USB to Ethernet cable.

Very cool setup

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    If you're committed to using a Mac and Wirecast, this setup seems quite attractive.
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by mcphillips View Post
    If you're committed to using a Mac and Wirecast, this setup seems quite attractive.
    It may work on Windows as well. The Blackmagic beta driver is available for Windows. Granted I'm not sure about multiple USB3 devices but there are a few Asus "gaming" laptops that have a Thunderbolt port. That could mean it would work with 1 Thunderbolt and 2 USB3 ports if those ports are on separate buses. I don't know anyone who's tried it yet but it'll work with multiple USB3 buses it should work on Windows.

I have a Black Magic Shuttle USB3 and it causes a blue screen. Cant understand why. the drivers for the usb3 on the computer are correct

Quote Originally Posted by andrewzarian View Post
    I have a Black Magic Shuttle USB3 and it causes a blue screen. Cant understand why. the drivers for the usb3 on the computer are correct
    There's a long history of USB3 issues and sustained throughput for video which is probably why you don't see many of the major Video I/O companies developing them. Apple didn't include USB3 until Intel began direct support in 2012. Of course that's not Apple specific though so Windows laptop would ideally have the same support and I don't think all do. Certainly older laptops don't which is why Blackmagic ended up certifying only one MSI laptop (now discontinued) and one HP Envy (also long gone).

Intel to support USB 3.0 alongside Thunderbolt, coming with Ivy Bridge in 2012
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/04/14/i...ming-with-ivy/
    Kirk Skaugen, VP of the company's Architecture Group, assured the world that the promise for native USB 3.0 support in Intel chipsets will be fulfilled. Not this year, mind you, but it'll be with us in 2012 as part of the Ivy Bridge CPU refresh.

and The delivery noted April 2012

Intel delivers USB 3.0 in its chips, finally
    It took about 10 years, but the chip giant finally puts the next-gen USB technology in its silicon.
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-13924_3-57...chips-finally/
    Last edited by cseeman; 08-03-2013 at 04:53 PM.