International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So, who's living off podcasting?

Quote Originally Posted by brianmonroe View Post
    bushido,

I think you have it backwards. Instead of looking to make money off of Internet Broadcasting, look at doing it as a hobby 1st. See how you like it and how successful you can be without the money. Then you can start to look for ways of making money with your new skills. You never know, you may meet some interesting people who can lead to other job offers outside the world of Internet Broadcasting. The same advice I would look to give someone who is looking to get in to any other creative art such as Acting, Directing, Painting or Music. The ones that do it well and are able to make a living from it long term are few. Some just have a natural talent and others are just lucky to be in the right place at the right time or they have great looks and/or a great voice so they are able to get by on that as a start.

-Brian
    Quote Originally Posted by bushido View Post
    Before you ask, I myself already have another income, I make zero from podcasting and don't mind that at all because it's a fun hobby.
    But I do understand where you're coming from and appreciate the advice none the less.

I agree with Brian. You should first build your brand and your content. If you are able to create an audience you will be able to generate income. First you need the viewers.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewzarian View Post
    I agree with Brian. You should first build your brand and your content. If you are able to create an audience you will be able to generate income. First you need the viewers.
    I can honestly say I'll never get paid from podcasting, I don't have the personality to attract a large following.

Andrew,

Thanks! Watching how GFQ has grown over the years I can see you have done just that. I will also say that I like the changes that you have made in the studio over the years in the layout and look. Reinvestment is important to keep the audience around.

Bushido,

Like me and Andrew are saying. Just have fun with it. Do not get stressed out about trying to have a large audience. Sometimes being a niche show can have it's own rewards. You can get to really know your audience better along with do more custom shows. So instead of just broadcasting you can also be listening too via the various social media networks. Let your audience become your advocates. You will find that there are people that are Internet Broadcasting fans that may be listening to other networks or shows but have not found you yet. Where they will like not just being a number to one of the larger networks where they do not get noticed at all. In your case, you may almost want to keep it small. Like an exclusive club of people that get you and your message. The point is that you need to just have fun.

-Brian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12