International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Is there a sport audio mixer?

Is there a sport audio mixer?

I was wondering if anyone knew if there is actually a mixer that works in a sports setting? What I am looking for would be a mixer that would have the analyst have headphones that had the audio of the game in one ear but in the other ear a spotter tells them what is going on. It would be great to have 3 or 4 headphones jacks if possible. One for each analyst. We may have one or two. One for the spotter so he or she can relay info to the analyst. One for the camera man if that is possible. We are all somewhat new to this so any advice would be appreciated.
    Our scenario is we will be streaming football games live and want it to be as professional as possible. Here is our setup to this point. Our camera has an HDMI out which we will be sending to an Altona HD-530 that we will be purchasing in the near future. The HDMI will then be output to a 23" monitor that the main camera man will be using to see a larger picture. From the Altona HD-530 we will then take composite out into a laptop (or Tricaster 40 later in the year maybe) that will be the AV that is being streamed.
    The mixer part would be on its own. Does it even make sense as to what I am trying to do with the mixer?

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    You can do what you want with a Behringer X2442USB mixer by bringing the "intercom" audio in through stereo aux return 4 and assigning that return to the headphones. Then, get a headphone amp and connect only one channel. It's an awkward configuration, but it will work.
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.