International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Any vidblaster users jump to Wirecast

Any vidblaster users jump to Wirecast

I have played around with Vidblaster for a few years and really like the software. The reason why I have not committed to it us due to the creators aggressiveness with its users. Has anyone jumped ship to Wirecast? How is their customer support.

I made the jump when Wirecast added Video out to skype.

IAIB Pro Broadcaster
    Long term VidBlaster user Brian Brushwood also moved over to Wirecast earlier this year.

IAIB Broadcaster
    I wouldn't mind trying Wirecast for encoding as Andrew does. Not saying I am giving up on my "One Man, One PC" theme. But it would be interesting to see the difference.

When it comes down to broadcasting in HD its very difficult to do everything on one machine. I do like the layout and modular aspect to vidblaster but when it comes to encoding Wirecast is the winner. I am able to stream to 4 different CDNS in HD and dont break the 50% cpu mark.

Wirecast also has less tearing for some reason

IAIB Pro Broadcaster
    Quote Originally Posted by TomSinclair View Post
    I wouldn't mind trying Wirecast for encoding as Andrew does. Not saying I am giving up on my "One Man, One PC" theme. But it would be interesting to see the difference.
    Also play with the compositing capabilities of Wirecast. You will be surprised how many layers of real time video you can layer before it starts to drop frames.

IAIB Broadcaster
    For many reasons I moved from Vidblaster to Wirecast a couple of years ago. The first one is the behaviour of Mike Versteeg with the customers (I suspect he doesn't know the right relashionship between vendor and customers). The second one is the much more flexibility and composing of Wirecast. Third one: CPU is much more stressed with Vidblaster. I'd have many other reasons but for now I think it's enough.

I would love to see a side by side video quality test between vidblaster and wirecast
    you best get steppin