International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Who here has used vMix? What do you think

Who here has used vMix? What do you think

I have heard some really good stuff about the software. Anyone here use it? Pros? Cons?

I took a close look at their offerings last night. I am definitely going to give the 60 day free trial a shot. Can't beat their pricing and the features and usability looks great.

What are the Pros and Cons?

What are the specs needed for vMix. Like vidblaster needs much more then wire cast
    you best get steppin

Oscar.. Specs are found here: http://www.vmix.com.au/supported-hardware.aspx

Andrew. I use both it and VidBlaster as you use VB and Wirecast. Each has strengths. For live sports games I find VB wins hands down but vMix has got great transitions, desktop capture, a web-based remote interface and a host of other cool features. 3rd party developers are working on things like an automated playout and scheduler tool.

I find that the two tools work well together. I can send video from VB to vMix and/or vMix to VB taking advantage of the strengths of both.

vMix Demonstration:

Quote Originally Posted by AndrewSeabrook View Post
    Oscar.. Specs are found here: http://www.vmix.com.au/supported-hardware.aspx

Andrew. I use both it and VidBlaster as you use VB and Wirecast. Each has strengths. For live sports games I find VB wins hands down but vMix has got great transitions, desktop capture, a web-based remote interface and a host of other cool features. 3rd party developers are working on things like an automated playout and scheduler tool.

I find that the two tools work well together. I can send video from VB to vMix and/or vMix to VB taking advantage of the strengths of both.
    Out of curiosity, how well does the remote interface work? Is there much lag?
    Watch Tech News Weekly every Friday at 3pm EST on the GFQ Network.

Sunkast, I haven't found any lag at all. You are typically running it on the same network as the vMix PC and it is sending an http:// call to vMix so it is very light. I have found it a great way to have a number of ads/inserts ready to go and access them quickly during a broadcast. So I cue them all up as inputs in vmix and set shortcuts with appropriate transitions. Turn on the external function to send to VB. (you must do this before starting VB). Configure a VB camera module to pick up the vMix Virtual device. Now using my tablet, access the vMix interface and simply hit the clip I want to run. Easy!

The other remote interface, Desktop Capture, can be used in the same way. Again very little lag. I find it is a great tool to capture a powerpoint presentation with the Powerpoint transitions. You can adjust the frame rate on it. From memory it defaults to 15 fps.
    Last edited by AndrewSeabrook; 07-23-2013 at 04:57 AM.

StudioTech Live episode featuring vMix

Quote Originally Posted by andrewzarian View Post
    I have heard some really good stuff about the software. Anyone here use it? Pros? Cons?
    From the looks of it, it can do everything (if not more) than vidblaster, and maybe just as easy :-) Unless something happens with vidblaster REAL quick (which I doubt) I will be switching to it. talked with Vance and he is under the same impression, which means a lot to me. The price is something to celebrate about, the vMix Forums are so friendly, and the developer......
    Thank you Martin !!!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast