International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wirecast 4.3 is out

That worked. Not obvious to me what would be the cause though from looking at it.
    Given you're experiencing this with versions previous to 4.3 it would likely be something specific to your system (or few systems) since is not something that's been reported. I've seen Camera Preview and Preview result in performance hits but only on very underpowered machines (think old Core2Duo).

Strange. Also created multiple new User accounts, reinstalled software, and all to the same problem. Preview off "seems" to help, but CPU is not the issue in this case.

It would seem that it's system related.
    I assume this is only impacting the interface and not the stream. That might indicate some background task but it's hard to figure out what.

Some things to look at are RAM, available vs use of VRAM. Sometimes other applications don't let go of RAM or lots of VRAM is used when the drive is low on space resulting in slow access. One can see this to some extent looking at RAM use at the bottom of Activity Monitor where the total system stats are displayed.

Quote Originally Posted by cseeman View Post
    It would seem that it's system related.
    I assume this is only impacting the interface and not the stream. That might indicate some background task but it's hard to figure out what.

Some things to look at are RAM, available vs use of VRAM. Sometimes other applications don't let go of RAM or lots of VRAM is used when the drive is low on space resulting in slow access. One can see this to some extent looking at RAM use at the bottom of Activity Monitor where the total system stats are displayed.
    Correct, Stream is not impacted, not dropping frames, just the interface.

Just upgraded the Macbook to 8GB of RAM, Activity Monitor says 4GB used / 4 Free

Only other apps opened are TTFN Midi and MidiPipe for Korg Nano Controller. Nothing else running in the background.

Long shot but does killing the Midi utilities and rebooting and not opening them have any impact?
    I'm thinking of a couple of possibilities. Midi communication having an impact or a memory leak of some sort related to that.

Quote Originally Posted by cseeman View Post
    Long shot but does killing the Midi utilities and rebooting and not opening them have any impact?
    I'm thinking of a couple of possibilities. Midi communication having an impact or a memory leak of some sort related to that.
    I'll give it a try. I have definitely tried running Wirecast alone and closing the Midi programs, but the issue is still there. I'll try to reboot and not open the apps at all. I'll let you know how it goes.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12