International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Software to do Live Weather?

Software to do Live Weather?

Hey everyone,
    So I've gotten a few hundred dollars from the school to expand our current broadcast production and add another set.
    We're currently using a TriCaster 40 with a Canon Vixia HFR400 and a simple green screen as our main set. The power that the TriCaster 40 packs is just incredible...I can elaborate on this at a later time, but I just wanted to give you the idea of my workflow. Anyways, we'll be adding an additional set with another Vixia, lights and green screen, and I wanted to look into the possibility of producing live daily weather forecasts. I'm not looking to do anything real high end, just emulate the local weatherman with a few maps of the area, or even just simple forecast charts. I'm looking for a system that is more elaborate than just creating items in Photoshop the night before, and looking for a system that will look professional, but also cost effective.

I know if I can't get the software, I can always Airplay a weahter app from the iPad and put that on the green screen. If I went that route, any suggestions on what app would look best behind a weatherman?

I'm open to any suggestions!

Thanks guys!

Steal the graphics from NOAA.....they update them several times a day LOL

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick...A#.UyJRpilOWHv

Or if you want live radar................ http://grlevelx.com

Most of the TV stations use GR2_Analyst for live weather radar now........

They all call it some fancy name that they have come up with but its all the same package and same data LOL
    It takes in Dual/Pol data direct from the Radar sites in "Volumes" that update every 5 minutes.......

Analyst will let you do the cool 3D volume views of storms like this little rainshower south of Beaumont, CA while I was writing this!

3D thunderstorms are always cool to talk about! LOL

Let me know more of what you are after and I can probably help you out......

David
    Last edited by JDavidPugh; 03-13-2014 at 06:14 PM.