International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: neumann tlm 103

neumann tlm 103

has anyone here used a neumann tlm 103? I wanted to get your opinion on the microphone. Likes, Dislikes?

Ah ha! 'Just yesterday I was watching your interview with the 'cam-girl' and I noticed you were using a Neumann and I was curious as to which model it was. I suspected it was the 103 but now I know. Anyway, it sounded very clean and neutral.

BTW, that was a very provocative interview and I too learned some of that new street lingo.
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 09-05-2013 at 07:12 AM.

Hey Dan,

Im using the TLM 103. I love the microphone. It was between the TLM or the Shure SM7 but Mike talked me out of the sm7

Yes, I understand that! Even though I'm still green as green can be, I noticed that Mike is a good barometer when selecting equipment. In fact, I'm glad you mentioned the SM7 because I was actually thinking about that one, so I'll scratch it off my wish-list.

Say, are you running your 103 through a channel or is that strictly through your mixer?
    Last edited by Dan Ortego; 09-05-2013 at 07:23 AM.

Here is a video and some images of our set up http://www.gfqnetwork.com/studio/ .

The mic is going into a DBX286s then into the Axia Radius Console. What you hear on the live stream is going though the Omnia Multicast.

Thanks for the link to your studio gear. Very helpful and also quite humbling for a guy like me that's just getting started. I actually had a 286s and foolishly sent it back. BSW was practically giving them away but as they say, I didn't have time to do it right, but I have plenty of time to do it over again.

I love the 286s. For the money I dont see a better Compressor Preamp/ Gate out there.

What is the best price to get this microphone. I have seen it for around 900 buck

the TLM 103 is a great mic but not needed by most podcasters. You can get away with using a ATR2100 and most people wont be able to tell the difference
    you best get steppin

No I wouldn't recommend someone to get a TLM 103 if they are starting out. It is not needed

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast