International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: What is your Workflow?

Lightbulb What is your Workflow?

Hello everyone,

I have had a few questions over the last month or so from some our clients about the best workflow. I understand that there is no "best" but what works for each of us. With that in mind I am curious about what other workflows are out there. I will start with what our workflow is.

I posted a while back about adding in Lower 3rds and playback live since we use an ATEM which is horrible at graphics. So right now, after we hit stop on the Hyperdeck, we take the drive to our editing Mac and copy the recordings to the local drive.

From that point on, here is our workflow:

• Open the template project for the show in Adobe Premier
    • The template already has the intro, outro and most of the lower 3rds already there, we just need to change the L3 for the title.
    • Make any changes to ads that are needed
    • Apply our Audio filters that are preset
    • Start our render to a listener directory that is setup in Adobe
    • After the render, the listener directory kicks of renders for HD, Apple HD, Apple SD, Youtube and audio only
    • The renders for those formats go to our NAS in designated directories by show then format
    • We have a script to automatically upload the directories to our server on the internet
    • The internet server has a script that looks for a new Youtube video and uploads new videos to the correct Youtube account for each show. After the upload is complete to Youtube, an email is sent to our Virtual Assistant
    • Our Virtual Assistant then updates Youtube with the title, description and tags and makes the video public
    • Then she creates a new article in our CMS using the same info for Youtube
    • Next she adds an entry to our podcast management system
    • Automatically running are some IFTT recipes that promote the new shows that were just released to our social media streams.
    • One thing I did not mention above, we also keep the first render which is a ProRes render for probably 6 months or so just in case we need to go back to it for some reason. We only keep the raw recording files for a couple of weeks then delete them.

When we finally get to the place where we are doing the intros and outros live with lower 3rds, etc. We can probably cut out the 30 - 60 minutes of editing post show and just trim the beginning and ends and starting the render.

What is your workflow?

• FTP into recording machine in New York to download the raw video.
    • Open video in Vegas Pro.
    • Trim beginning & end, make any additional edits, and add intro and pre roll video that is already rendered.
    • Start MeGUI
    • Render as frameserver to MeGUI from Vegas
    • Also render mp3 version.
    • Add meta data to video and audio files.
    • FTP back to New York.
    • Using remote software, audio and video get uploaded to Blip, GFQ, and YouTube.
    • Create post on GFQ with info from Blip and YouTube.
    • Post to FB, Twitter, and Gplus.

The reason I upload back to Andrew in New York is he has much faster internet, making it much quicker to upload it once to him, then to all of the services the files are uploaded to.

Also some show have custom pre roll that is created for each and every show.
    Watch Tech News Weekly every Friday at 3pm EST on the GFQ Network.

My Workflow is sunkast

Sunkast is an awesome workflow.

I need to find a sunkast