News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AT2005USB Cardioid Dynamic - Spider ShockMount

AT2005USB Cardioid Dynamic - Spider ShockMount

Hi

I own the AT2005 microphone.

I had a very difficult time finding a descent shock mount for it.

I found the APEX IMC-9 shock mount fits the barrel of the AT2005 microphone.

It is a very tight fit....you have to open the mount bracket and squeeze the microphone in, but it fits.

Just wanted to pass the information on....just in case someone else is looking for a shock mount for this microphone.

Hey Hendo. I know that Mike Phillips made a mod to fit his at2005 into a shock mount. Maybe you can look into modifying the mount

Quote Originally Posted by andrewzarian View Post
    Hey Hendo. I know that Mike Phillips made a mod to fit his at2005 into a shock mount. Maybe you can look into modifying the mount
    Hi

The APEX IMC-9 fits perfectly....it is just hard to get the mic into the mount. Plus it only cost $15.00 Canadian.

The On-Stage MY420 Shock Mount works like it was made for the Audio Technica AT2005USB or the ATR2100USB... no shoving or modifying needed. Apparently On-Stage is catching on to the popularity of these shock mounts working for these popular mics, as the price has gone nuts.... MSRP $85, but fear not, the link below will get you the mounts at a much better price. (Non-Affiliate link) I'm glad I bought two when I did. I just looked around and the price is avg'ing around $46 bucks but this link will take you to Amazon where they have them at $30 bucks. Getting multiple would be my recommendation: Click Here
    Last edited by docizzen; 10-13-2013 at 05:05 PM.

Great advice docizzen!

Moderator / IAIB Pro Broadcaster mcphillips's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by docizzen View Post
    The On-Stage MY420 Shock Mount works like it was made for the Audio Technica AT2005USB or the ATR2100USB... no shoving or modifying needed. Apparently On-Stage is catching on to the popularity of these shock mounts working for these popular mics, as the price has gone nuts.... MSRP $85, but fear not, the link below will get you the mounts at a much better price. (Non-Affiliate link) I'm glad I bought two when I did. I just looked around and the price is avg'ing around $46 bucks but this link will take you to Amazon where they have them at $30 bucks. Getting multiple would be my recommendation: Click Here
    Are you saying that the ATR2100 will slide into the clip without having to "stretch" the clip to its maximum opening size? The similar Audio Technica mount will not open that far.
    Please direct all questions for me to the forum so that all can benefit.

Is a fat baby heavy? Yes, the mount fits like it was made for the mic. I have two AT2005USB's and purchased this shockmount for both, hoping they would work and they do very easily and very well. Thanks for asking!

Where did you buy your AT 2005 USB/XLR mic? I tried buying it on B&H Photo (49.95$), but got this message.
    "Due to certain restrictions, this item cannot be shipped to CANADA."

Yup It doesnt seem to be in canada The ATR2100 is available

Quote Originally Posted by andrewzarian View Post
    Yup It doesnt seem to be in canada The ATR2100 is available
    lol it's weird right? Why is that one available and not the other, sigh. Anyway I wanted that specific model and its color.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast