International Association of Internet Broadcasters - IAIB

News Updates
October 2, 2013:
Bambuser Adds Restrictions To Free Streaming

Thread: Blip.tv for Video Podcast

Blip.tv for Video Podcast

Anyone else use Blip.tv for their Video Podcast? I think the "Premium" service that they offer is great but getting discovered by new viewers on the Blip.tv can be a little difficult. I wish they had more of a community rather then just being a host for videos.

I have a friend who organized a symposium at a local college with lots of interesting panels. We streamed some live and they recorded the rest. She has a Blip.TV account so we uploaded everything there for VOD.

The neat thing was that it has hooks into iTunes so it was easy to make it available there.

I thought Blip.TV was not a great way, in and off itself, to promote shows. At the time I thought the search engine was near useless. I asked them about a few things and they said they were in the process of redesigning things. I haven't been there in a while. I kind of got the feeling they were trying to make changes to their business model. I did really like the ability to get stuff on iTunes easily though.

blip for some time had a large issue with its RSS Feeds. If you were trying to download the show via RSS it took forever. the most I was able to get was 100kbps. They seem to have fixed the problem this week.

Quote Originally Posted by andrewzarian View Post
    I think the "Premium" service that they offer is great but getting discovered by new viewers on the Blip.tv can be a little difficult.
    Not necessarily. Blip.tv while not as big as Youtube, can in some cases have a better chance of getting your videos noticed more often. Probably due to things like there are so many videos being uploaded to Youtube on a daily basis its hard to get noticed among the millions out there. The numbers also show it for my own videos as well...same video on Youtube may get 20 views, but on Blip.tv a few hundred. But a lot of variables go along with that too.

I wish they had more of a community rather then just being a host for videos.
    That is one thing it really does lack.
    <a href=http://www.justin.tv/linuxcooldude target=_blank>http://www.justin.tv/linuxcooldude</a>