PDA

View Full Version : Skype Audio Send Issue

NASNTrevor
03-01-2013, 10:31 PM
Hello fellow IAIBers, I've got a big broadcast project coming up and I'm trying to work out an issue with my current setup.

I current produce live audio broadcasts using Skype and Nicecast (hijacking iTunes for music/ads/drops). I produce the show, meaning I have no microphone audio on the broadcast while hosts are located remotely and conferenced via Skype.

What is the best way to send my broadcast mix back through skype so they can hear music/drops/etc... without either getting into a feedback loop or using a bunch of audio routing that might effect Nicecast.

Would something line LineIn accomplish this?

I'm working remotely so I've got limited hardware to what I've usually got and not much time to pick anything up so any software solutions are strong preferred, thanks!

Idea #1: Route all system audio into Soundflower then output that into both Nicecast and Skype, would this work?

andrewzarian
03-02-2013, 06:35 AM
Mike Phillips has found a great work around for the ducking issues with skype. You might want to read into the blog post he made for the IAIB. Are you using a mixer with the broadcast or only depending on software?

NASNTrevor
03-02-2013, 07:09 AM
Depending on software for this particular broadcast.

mcphillips
03-03-2013, 01:25 PM
Here (http://www.ibroadcastnetwork.org/blog/no-more-skype-ducking) is a link to the article on how to eliminate the Skype audio ducking problem.

Podnutter
03-06-2013, 10:37 AM
I wish we had another solution other then skype

mcphillips
03-06-2013, 07:36 PM
Me, too. I feel your pain.