PDA

View Full Version : Cant get Blackmagic card up and running

ericchilton
02-28-2013, 05:39 PM
I was wondering if somebody could help me with my blackmagic Intensity Pro Card?
I'm using HDMI cable out from a laptop into that card in my other PC and it can't see anything!
I'm so lost I can't figure it out.
can anybody do a phone call with me tomorrow at one pm?

Eric

andrewzarian
02-28-2013, 05:46 PM
Some laptops do not allow you to send video to a capture card. Also you have to make sure that the resolutions are the same.. including frame rate

erictimmer
02-28-2013, 08:23 PM
Have you had the HDMI working with a TV or external monitor?

TomSinclair
02-28-2013, 09:26 PM
Can you confirm a video signal over HDMI from the laptop?
Can you confirm the BM card can receive video from another device like a camera?
BMIP cards can be a little tricky to set up. I have found that the BM tech support is very responsive and helpful.

ericchilton
03-02-2013, 03:57 AM
I have decided to use a vga to hdmi converter box. After looking into the video card on the laptop is says it is not HDCP compliable. Therefore I am guessing that the hdmi port doesnt even work.

andrewzarian
03-02-2013, 06:32 AM
Many Laptops have been disabling the ability to send video out to a capture card. Does anyone know a work around for this? I have also had the same issue with a laptop.

ericchilton
03-02-2013, 10:58 AM
Im hoping that the VGA to HDMI converter will work since I have used a VGA cable from my laptop to another monitor before and everything was great. We shall see.

joedemax
03-08-2013, 08:13 AM
Hi!

Not sure what all this speak is of laptops disabling the ability to send to capture cards? Seems a little far fetched, There are ofcourse HDCP issues that come up, but these are far and few from what i can see. Anyway, all i can say is make sure the resolution/frame rate/scan format all match up, Also remember that in NTSC land there's 59.94 and 60, which are totally incompatible, that .06 difference is the difference between sync or swim ;)