PDA

View Full Version : Live CDN Switcher On Website

jakebuffer
02-26-2013, 10:28 AM
I have seen many podcaster/internet broadcasters with buttons to switch between the different CDN's. I dont want the page to refresh so that viewers dont log out of the chat room. I was wondering how people do this? Is it a plugin in wordpress or is it custom?

andrewzarian
02-26-2013, 03:54 PM
I cant speak for other setups but ours is custom

erictimmer
02-27-2013, 10:00 AM
I have been looking for a Wordpress Plugin, but I haven't found one yet. For a temporary solution I just have identical pages with different CDN's and link to them. Of course the page has to refresh but until I can figure out a better way, it will do.

All you really need is a little bit of Javascript to get it to load without a complete webpage refresh. Though I have been too lazy to figure it out.

sunkast
02-27-2013, 02:25 PM
Just a simple JS content replacement will work fine. I actually used jQuery's .html for GFQ. But then took it a step further and completely integrated the switching and default into Wordpress.

I'd love to create a plugin for Wordpress, but I'm only a novice when it comes to actually creating a plugins and writing JS. It'd be great if I could find someone who knows a little more about building WP plugins and JS than I do to help me build one.

andrewzarian
02-27-2013, 03:33 PM
Sunkast is the best!

Podnutter
02-27-2013, 04:36 PM
So is there anything I can download to do this?

erictimmer
02-27-2013, 04:56 PM
No it's custom coded so you will have to do some googling to figure it out. It's not for the faint at heart, but it's not impossible if you have any experience with HTML and Javascript.