PDA

View Full Version : Does audio HAVE to follow an HDMI cable? Help.

ericchilton
02-23-2013, 05:22 AM
I am using a second PC for my Skype guests. That works GREAT for audio....I finally have it set the way it needs to be. BUT now I am using an HDMI cable from that PC to my main PC to get video. I haven't actually plugged it in yet but I was wondering if I insert that cable will it allow me to use just the video or does that interfere with audio? I will be getting my Blackmagic Intensity Pro card on Tuesday to use in the main PC. Thoughts?

erictimmer
02-23-2013, 11:31 AM
I am using a second PC for my Skype guests. That works GREAT for audio....I finally have it set the way it needs to be. BUT now I am using an HDMI cable from that PC to my main PC to get video. I haven't actually plugged it in yet but I was wondering if I insert that cable will it allow me to use just the video or does that interfere with audio? I will be getting my Blackmagic Intensity Pro card on Tuesday to use in the main PC. Thoughts?

You don't have to use the audio at all. Select the source you need in the settings. :cool:

andrewzarian
02-24-2013, 01:47 PM
you dont have to use the audio from the HDMI Card. We actually use the embed audio via our HDMI cable to send Audio and Video to our Wirecast encoding machine. The reason why we do this is so the audio and video are synced up.

ericchilton
02-24-2013, 02:05 PM
But are you saying that if I use audio from the PC's headphone jack and video from the HDMI card they will be out of sync?

andrewzarian
02-25-2013, 06:33 AM
It depends on a few factors. Video Card, CPU resources, Memory and soundcard.

Dahalabit
02-26-2013, 04:19 PM
Is there a quality difference between HDMI and any analog connection ?