PDA

View Full Version : Staying Consistent with your Podcast

kennethkaniff
02-22-2013, 10:22 AM
I have a really hard time doing my podcast on a weekly basis. Its not that there isn't enough content but I just tent to not want to do it. I imagine that ever podcaster has feeling at some point, how do you deal with a low in your podcast. I have already taken a few week break and It doesn't seem to be helping. Any help would be great.

andrewzarian
02-24-2013, 01:42 PM
Hey Kenneth.

I modified the title of your post. I hope you don't mind. I think staying consistent is the most important thing you can do with your podcast. Your viewers/listeners have to know that they will get your content every week on a consistent basis. I get this feeling every few weeks actually. There are days that I am exhausted and don't want to do a show. something you may want to consider is taking off once a week every few months. that way you can get refreshed and your audience knows you are going to be taking some time off.

jamesdelfresco
02-24-2013, 01:58 PM
I have quit a few times over the past few months. sometimes i feel like im just not getting it. How do you guys know if what you are doing is good.

erictimmer
02-24-2013, 02:09 PM
You could also do an episode that you keep "in the can" for days when you can't or don't feel like doing a show. Depending on the content of your show this might be easier said than done.

Amnon
02-24-2013, 07:49 PM
Doing the show since 1993, and missing only two, all I can say is one word - dedication !!! You have to love what you are doing, you need to see some returns (business, kind words, growth etc), and you have to have a great and dedicated crew.
If you don't enjoy it, don't do it. You can find content for any show theme, it doesn't have to be a 5 hours show (like ours :-), I stated with half an hour.

RadarGaming
02-24-2013, 08:10 PM
I have to agree with Amnon, I am going through the same things ken. I think if you are having a hard time. Take a break, let your viewers know and just take a step back. If you dont enjoy it restructure and see what happens.

andrewzarian
02-25-2013, 06:32 AM
Very well said Amnon:

" You have to love what you are doing, you need to see some returns (business, kind words, growth etc), and you have to have a great and dedicated crew."

RadarGaming
02-25-2013, 08:31 PM
Yes, dedicated crew. That is huge, if you dont have good people to do show with. Keeping people interested will be hard.

Dahalabit
02-26-2013, 04:16 PM
for the people who have taken breaks :

Have your viewers come back?

RadarGaming
02-26-2013, 04:25 PM
for the people who have taken breaks :

Have your viewers come back?

I have taken 2 breaks in the past, and for the most part my viewers have come back.

andrewzarian
02-27-2013, 07:56 AM
I can tell you from personal experience that taking a break can effect your numbers. We have shifted our schedule a few times in the past and it has taken some time to get all the viewers back.