PDA

View Full Version : Getting Show Notes

jakebuffer
02-19-2013, 04:12 PM
I have been looking for an easy way to get all of the news from the week into one place. I have heard people talk about Google Reader. But I want to know how people are doing this and what the best way to do it is?

bushido
02-19-2013, 04:20 PM
radargaming just told me about a site called getpocket.com
seems pretty good

RadarGaming
02-19-2013, 04:22 PM
radargaming just told me about a site called getpocket.com
seems pretty good

Yeah Pocket is a great way to keep track of show notes. I love it!

ChaseShumway
02-19-2013, 06:36 PM
I use iGoogle (probably the only person on Earth who does) to bring all the news into one page. It allows you to create widgets with RSS feeds from just about any site. Some sites already have iGoogle widgets available. You can then set the widgets to display any number of stories in a list.

With that said, iGoogle is shutting down later this year. But I've already set up its replacement using ProtoPage.com. It works very much the same. You set up widgets for each site you monitor for news by putting in their RSS feed address. It's free too! And you can customize the colors and background just like iGoogle. It's like your own little personal newsroom.

sunkast
02-19-2013, 10:34 PM
I use Google Reader. Been a big reader of RSS feeds for years and it's just easiest for me to use Google Reader to catch all the news that I am interested in. Whatever articles I find useful for a show, I just star. Then on the day of the show I can easily go through the starred items and quickly compile notes.

erictimmer
02-20-2013, 01:56 PM
Google reader. Just load up what you are covering and add new sites you discover along the way.