PDA

View Full Version : Sending Skype video from second PC to main PC

ericchilton
02-18-2013, 12:41 PM
I have my audio set up by running through a board to get mix minus. But what do I need to get the video to my main PC? If I need to have a monitor on that second PC as well as a video out then I need to make sure I have a video card with two outputs....right? Then maybe a Blackmagic Intensity Pro card on the main PC to receive it? Do I have that right?

andrewzarian
02-18-2013, 01:28 PM
This is how we do it at GFQ :

Skype Machine with HDMI out on Video card to Streaming machine with Decklink Intensity Pro Capture card (http://www.amazon.com/Blackmagic-Design-Intensity-Pro-Editing/dp/B001CN9GEA/?tag=thgufrquponet-20)

then you can use your streaming software (Vidblaster Wirecast....) to control the camera

ericchilton
02-20-2013, 01:54 PM
When the video comes into the main PC from the Skype PC (I use Vidblaster) do you have to crop it somehow or can you make the Skype image full screen.

erictimmer
02-20-2013, 02:09 PM
It depends. You can do full or you can crop it. In Vidblaster just add it as a source/camera and figure out how you want it to look. There are numerous possibilities. Best thing to do is experiment and see what looks best for your show.

ericchilton
02-20-2013, 02:10 PM
Thanks for the info. Cant wait to get my Blackmagic Intensity this week to try it out!