PDA

View Full Version : Which Social Media Site helps the most

Podnutter
02-15-2013, 11:08 AM
I was wondering which social media site helps you out the most with your podcast or internet broadcast. I have seen a lot of people talk about google plus and the communities group they have.

BradShoemaker
02-15-2013, 11:10 AM
Most of our traffic comes from facebook, but we do get a decent amount from Twitter. We truly haven't utilized some of the other Social networks like I'd truly like to at some point (Pinterest and Instagram seem to be two that we could get traction from if we used it).

andrewzarian
02-15-2013, 11:14 AM
Thats an interesting Question. I have seen a bunch of new traffic come from Google Plus community groups. Brad are they coming from your personal page or are they sharing your links?

BradShoemaker
02-15-2013, 11:21 AM
They are coming from the show page and people sharing the link (depending on the content/guest). We blog regularly as well as broadcast once a week; therefore, there is a lot of stuff to share.

Twitter is very hit and miss with us... sometimes we score a decent sized audience for one of our shows or blog posts coming from Twitter, but it certainly isn't as consistent with facebook.

Direct Traffic only accounts for 24%. Referral traffic (with facebook leading the way) nets us an additional 43% (granted, this includes Stitcher, and every other way as well). Then the last 33% comes from search traffic (mostly due to the constant blogging).

I really need to start leveraging Google+ especially with it's built in features that are great for broadcasters.

Dahalabit
02-18-2013, 10:50 AM
I have noticed that hashtags go a long way. Might be a good idea to do something like #podcast or #broadcast

andrewzarian
02-18-2013, 01:38 PM
I spent most of the afternoon taking a look at our traffic from GFQ. over the past month 60% of all social media traffic has been from Facebook, 35% from Twitter and 5% from Google+.