PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of Explict Content on Podcasts.

andrewzarian
02-11-2013, 08:39 AM
Question for all of you. What is your opinion on explicit content on a Podcast / Internet Broadcast. Do you turn it off when you hear explicit language, or don't care as long as the content is good?

Podnutter
02-11-2013, 09:09 AM
I love hearing stuff that you normally wouldnt on the radio. Some of my fav shows are "explicit"

Spencer Kobren
02-11-2013, 11:41 AM
Question for all of you. What is your opinion on explicit content on a Podcast / Internet Broadcast. Do you turn it off when you hear explicit language, or don't care as long as the content is good?

I really have no issues with is as long as it works for the broadcast.

Ryan Wiseman
02-11-2013, 02:22 PM
No issues with it here. A bunch of my favourite shows (and my own) have explicit language and it works ... so go with it. If a show crosses some line it's easy to switch to the next show in the cue.

andrewzarian
02-11-2013, 02:35 PM
Hey Ryan!

I feel the same. I think many shows have an issue with using the F word as an Um or Ugh.

BradShoemaker
02-11-2013, 02:41 PM
Hey Ryan!

I feel the same. I think many shows have an issue with using the F word as an Um or Ugh.

I know a few people here are of the opinion that you are limiting your audience by using explicit language/topics. As I look at it, in radio a New Rock station has always been able to slip in words that would otherwise catch the FCC's attention on a light rock or easy listening station. It's all about your audience. If your audience is more apt to enjoy something with explicit language or topics, then go for it; however, Andrew is correct. If you drop the F-Bomb as a crutch, then I'm guessing your content probably isn't that great to begin with and you are covering by trying to be edgy.

xmusiconline
02-12-2013, 02:53 AM
It depends.. If the hosts are just dropping F-Bombs because they can.. Big tune out factor.. However, If the content is compelling then I can tolerate some profanity /explicit content here and there. However I think such shows should always offer a disclaimer though "this show can contain explicit content"

andrewzarian
02-12-2013, 06:33 AM
Funny. I just was recommended a podcast by someone. The content was really funny but I had to turn it off after 15 min. The co-host couldn't get a thought out without dropping 5 F bombs in a sentence. He was doing exactly what I said before... using F as umms