PDA

View Full Version : Looking to buy new computer

kennethkaniff
02-06-2013, 02:45 PM
I am new to internet broadcasting and I am looking to build a secondary computer that is just there to use when easy tasks need to be done. Maybe an i3 or 15, what are your thoughts on building a computer or buying one for this task? Also any computers that you think I should check out.

sunkast
02-06-2013, 10:30 PM
I am new to internet broadcasting and I am looking to build a secondary computer that is just there to use when easy tasks need to be done. Maybe an i3 or 15, what are your thoughts on building a computer or buying one for this task? Also any computers that you think I should check out.

Hey Kenneth

Could you give us an idea of what sort of broadcasting you are looking to do? Video? Audio only? What sort of programs will you be using? This information will help us better advise you on what sort of computer will fit your needs. Also do you have any experience building a computer? Is that something you would be interested in doing? Or are you looking for something that is completely built?

kennethkaniff
02-07-2013, 05:22 AM
Hello Sunkast

I think for the new PC will be audio only I have an i7 for video buy it would be very nice to dedicate the PC to the audio and Skype. I would rather buy one but build one if I can get a good deal on it. Thanks for getting back.

sunkast
02-08-2013, 11:11 AM
Any i5 computer should be able to handle any audio processing.

jamesdelfresco
02-08-2013, 11:56 AM
you can even go with a quad core AMD. I saw them going for 300 bucks the other day.

kennethkaniff
02-08-2013, 12:01 PM
Thanks James and Sunkast for the feedback, I will most likely get a cheaper AMD machine as I wont be doing much with the machine.

andrewzarian
02-08-2013, 12:14 PM
If there is a microcenter around where you are check it out. They have referbs that are pretty good

Dahalabit
02-08-2013, 01:04 PM
Be advised that if you go with a laptop then you might encounter some issues with HDMI out. Many laptop video cards disable HDMI with capture cards