PDA

View Full Version : Promoting your podcast without spamming

jamesdelfresco
02-03-2013, 04:41 PM
Hi guys. I have seen a lot of people discussing self promotion on facebook and on the google groups. I wanted to see if you guys think its bad to post your latest show in those groups. If so how can someone post a show or a link to their website without it looking like spam

podcastcoach
02-04-2013, 08:32 AM
Hi guys. I have seen a lot of people discussing self promotion on facebook and on the google groups. I wanted to see if you guys think its bad to post your latest show in those groups. If so how can someone post a show or a link to their website without it looking like spam

If it has to do with the subject, then it would be OK (I feel) to say "I talk about podcast promotion on my latest episode (http://www.schoolofpodcasting.com/341)) and have that be a link (which I did, and so I have). But to just come in and say "Here is my latest episode" (for me ) ruins a forum. The whole forum is just "LOOK AT ME" and if I wanted to look at you, I'd click your avitar and read more about you.

andrewzarian
02-04-2013, 08:35 PM
Dave is 100% correct. The last thing you want to do is this

HEY GUYS CHECK OUT MY LATEST SHOW...

If someone is discussing a topic that you have covered I think its appropriate to post it but please explain what you discussed.