PDA

View Full Version : The Kickass Life with David Wood

thekickasslife
01-31-2013, 12:51 PM
Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to introduce myself. I'm Michael O'Neal, producer of The Kickass Life with David Wood. We are a personal development podcast that launched last May. I do all of the production, strategy, web, and social media for the show. The idea behind the show is to demonstrate to people how they can improve their mindset, response to adversity, relationships, purpose, and financial blueprint. So far it's been received really well, with good itunes ratings (solid 5 stars) 300k downloads, and 153 countries.

We do three shows a week. Tuesday is an interview show with thought leaders from around the world (Like John Assaraf, Jack Canfield, Mari Smith, Tim Ferriss, etc), Thursday is a 30 Minute solo show of David Wood, and Saturday is a 10 minute "Kick you in the bum" show called 600 Seconds.

We average around 1500-2000 downloads a day at the moment, but would love to see that get to 5000 as quickly as possible. We've been hovering around that 1500-2000 number for a while now, so getting above that on a regular basis is the first goal. We also haven't monetized very well, but would definitely consider advertising or something.

So...questions:

1. I have nothing to judge against, so I have no idea if those numbers are decent or awful. Any thoughts on that?
2. Currently, we've going Libsyn > Powerpress > Feedburner > iTunes. I'm currently using Libsyn for download metrics. Is there a more robust measurement system?
3. Suggestions for cross-promotions as far as getting new listeners?

If you want to check out the show, I've made a "start here" page so you don't have to weed through 100+ episodes:

http://www.thekickasslife.com/start

Nice to meet you guys and gals.

Michael

andrewzarian
01-31-2013, 01:40 PM
Hey Michael ,

Welcome to the IAIB. Im sure there are members here that can help you out.

I would say 2000 downloads per day is pretty good. It all depends on how you utilize the audience. I have seen people with a smaller audience make a pretty penny with ads.