PDA

View Full Version : Let's Talk Money

erictimmer
01-30-2013, 08:44 PM
So, I am trying to figure out what is the going amount a co-host or guest host makes. I know this varies but maybe a baseline amount or a way to calculate it.

I also know that a lot of us do it for free but what are people making on the bigger shows?

andrewzarian
01-31-2013, 01:35 PM
Well it depends on how much money you are making from the show and how much work your co-host is putting into it

Podnutter
02-05-2013, 04:53 PM
If you pay by the hour then 10 dollars per show isnt that bad (considering its a 1 hour show)

erictimmer
02-05-2013, 10:03 PM
$10 an hour lol. Would you do a show for $10 an hour??

Podnutter
02-06-2013, 06:23 AM
I would do it for free because it is a passion of mine.I think its insane to ask for money if no money is being made. Most "Podcasters" are not making a dime from this. I think many people would be very happy with 10 dollars an hour to sit and bs.

andrewzarian
02-06-2013, 07:30 AM
I think it really comes down to how much money the show is making. If you are making a grand a week from a show 10 dollars obviously is not enough... but if you are making nothing then 10 dollars is too much

erictimmer
02-09-2013, 01:29 PM
I guess that's the best answer. I guess depending on if the host this is a guest or a part of the show comes into the equation too.

andrewzarian
02-10-2013, 04:28 PM
Eric were you considering paying for a cohost?

erictimmer
02-10-2013, 05:20 PM
I was approached before I left Japan and they wanted a figure. Had to decline because they wanted someone in the Japan timezone.

I would pay if I thought it would lead to something, I wanted quality talent, or if the other party did the production, etc.

andrewzarian
02-10-2013, 05:35 PM
Would love to hear from other people if they pay their cohosts

bushido
02-17-2013, 09:23 AM
Eric were you considering paying for a cohost?

I can almost hear that funny mix of perplexed shock you get in your voice at times. hah
In my honest opinion, I'd be more willing to pay the producer before the co-host. Especially if the producer not only handles the technical side but also writes content and segments. Anyone who builds and researches content for the format deserves to be paid. Now on that same note, If your co-host brings out the best in your personality and makes for great radio, then you should at least buy the food and or beer before and or after the show.