PDA

View Full Version : two Video Cams with laptop

William Thomas
01-15-2013, 04:33 PM
Thanks for reading.

I am going to use a laptop with two digital cameras...one with a/v output and and other with hdmi ..can i use a blackmagic shuttle 3.0 and an easy cap at same time.????

computer specs.

i-7 3460
quad core
8gb ram
video card with 2gb ram
4 usb 3.0
1 hdmi (have not checked but guessing probably its out only....

so i can use one easy cap i know for sure...but have no luck with two easy caps so i was thinking about the shuttle....

1 Canon gl2, use a/v output and tape and one Sony HDR XR 500 120gb hd and i use hdmi or composite for recording.

suggestions ideas HELP!!!!

thanks

Bill

TomSinclair
01-15-2013, 05:13 PM
Bill, for the super cheap route use 2 easycaps from ezcap.tv. They will play nicely together. The Chinese knock-offs are a crap shoot--some will work, others not.

andrewzarian
01-15-2013, 06:14 PM
You should be able to use two capture cards at the same time.

sidimustafa
01-16-2013, 04:20 PM
1. which broadast application are u using?
2. 2 USB can some times give hicups (not all the time), depending on what all u have on your USB Bus, if u doing USB, you would preferable need 1 usb bus per device, for better production

Thanks for reading.

I am going to use a laptop with two digital cameras...one with a/v output and and other with hdmi ..can i use a blackmagic shuttle 3.0 and an easy cap at same time.????

computer specs.

i-7 3460
quad core
8gb ram
video card with 2gb ram
4 usb 3.0
1 hdmi (have not checked but guessing probably its out only....

so i can use one easy cap i know for sure...but have no luck with two easy caps so i was thinking about the shuttle....

1 Canon gl2, use a/v output and tape and one Sony HDR XR 500 120gb hd and i use hdmi or composite for recording.

suggestions ideas HELP!!!!

thanks

Bill

William Thomas
01-23-2013, 08:06 AM
Ok Thanks for the replies, Now i am using one EZcap and one easycap. lets see if they work together. if not i will get another EZcap fro EZcap.tv.

now my problem is audio....i have the video solved i believe, now wondering about filed audio...if i am using just one mic...should i just plug into laptop???? or get a field mixer...

Thanks again for help

William

TomSinclair
01-23-2013, 02:51 PM
+1 for the mixer.

I use the Behringer X1204USB now, but started with the Behringer X502 ($25 ebay), then moved to the Alesis MultiMix8USB ($50 ebay).

William Thomas
01-23-2013, 06:16 PM
Thanks for the help but i am thinking about doing this without ac power. Therefore wondering if connecting to computer or get a field mixer (battery operated) for audio.

Thanks again.

William

+1 for the mixer.

I use the Behringer X1204USB now, but started with the Behringer X502 ($25 ebay), then moved to the Alesis MultiMix8USB ($50 ebay).