PDA

View Full Version : how important is having a website.

jamesdelfresco
01-14-2013, 01:47 PM
How well do your podcasts websites do? I am starting to build one out but I was wondering if its important to have?

CraigShank
01-14-2013, 02:45 PM
It's a good idea so you can provide listeners with information on your show as well as contact information and links to your social media pages. You never know how or when people will find you, so even if traffic isn't crazy to begin with, it's still good to have it available.

Plus, it's easier to tell people they can hear your show at www. whatever . com as opposed to, "Open itunes, click on store, click podcast, search for...." etc.

BradShoemaker
01-14-2013, 02:53 PM
Plus, it's easier to tell people they can hear your show at www. whatever . com as opposed to, "Open itunes, click on store, click podcast, search for...." etc.

As Craig suggested, it is a great place to host content and give yourself an overall presence. If you're like most ibroadcasters, you have 8 different means to find your show: iTunes, stitcher, tunein, YouTube, etc. So it's easy to always tell them they can find you on your website.

As for our site, we also blog a lot to keep active content. We get most of our presence from there. It is our brand, our personality, etc. I have new websites coming that will put more emphasis on the shows, but even with our slightly out of date site, we are doing well.

My recommendation is to have a site to build your brand and aggregate your different listening avenues.

erictimmer
01-17-2013, 10:20 PM
Also just in case you get banned, which has happened to people in the past for no apparent reason. Better to at least have somewhere that you can call your own, even if you don't do much with it.

Podnutter
01-18-2013, 02:08 PM
I would say that having a website is great to have all the content on one site. Maybe try something like Tumblr or wordpress?

andrewzarian
01-18-2013, 02:12 PM
I would say its very important. Your website is not only your brand, its also how people discover your content. I tell people all the time to get Wordpress and use an attractive theme. It doesn't take too much work to great a great looking site.

erictimmer
01-18-2013, 02:49 PM
Ditto! For what like $10 bucks a month you can have a hosting account and custom domain.

andrewzarian
01-24-2013, 09:05 AM
Its pretty inexpensive to have a website. for under a 100 bucks a year you can have something thats pretty good.

Podnutter
02-05-2013, 04:52 PM
I think it is. Where else are you going to archive your show