PDA

View Full Version : Hi, Is there anyone else from UK here?

Ian Chambers
01-10-2013, 03:13 PM
I've yet to find anyone else from the UK?

I'm Ian, we've set up a new UK Music website www.uksounds.com with On Demand Streaming Radio shows, which is a completely new concept for UK internet radio. We have the first ever UK licence for this type of radio

Over here, "play again" type radio is very popular, with the BBC iplayer replaying shows on demand, and so we thought rather than trying 24/7 streaming shows, we'd take the idea that you can listen when you want, stop, come back to the same point, fast forward and rewind, with a series of shows to chose from available on the site for a few weeks, but as our listenership grows,l it will become more regular.

Sorry, anyone outside the UK can't hear it, we've had to restrict for licensing reasons. It cost enough to licence for UK, we couldn't afford anything wider.

Our music policy is designed for the 40+ age group, Rock, Pop and Folk.

Mainstream UK radio people don't see the huge future there is for Internet radio, with every phone, car, TV, PC etc having Internet access now, or very soon. FM will go in the UK at some stage. DAB is growing, but Internet could take over.

I will be putting copies of my old shows here ----> http://www.mixcloud.com/Ian_Radio/ which is accessible globally.

I'd be interested in making contact with some radio folks all over the world.